Inventor Publisher
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Publisher Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Publisher topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Inventor Publisher 2012 Failure to load assembly file

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
engtmp1
630 Views, 6 Replies

Autodesk Inventor Publisher 2012 Failure to load assembly file

I have tried several times to load an inventor file ( that I have loaded successfuly in the past) into Inventor Publisher 2012. Now I get the following error message:

-   Insert file failed

-    Failed to load assembly M:\Inventor\PDI Parts\PD168\PD168-046.iam due to the 

problem with child files

-   Failed to load assembly M:\Inventor\Projects\RM-183 P15X Development\Final

Assembly\Assembly (Production)\P15X Assembly Production.iam due to the problem

with child files

-   File M:\Inventor\PDI Parts\PD220\PD220-108.ipt not found

I have requested help from tech support several times over the last couple weeks by email correspondence, but to no avail.  Please help me to solve this problem.  Thank you.

bjm
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Is this the first time you are trying to insert this in Publisher 2012? Also when selecting the assembly did you go in to the options and select the Inventor project file so that Publisher can resolve children files?

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Message 3 of 7
engtmp1
in reply to: engtmp1

No, this is not the first time I have tried this.  Actually, I have opened this very file in the past quite a few times.  But for about the last month it will not open.  When I go to "Options" and got to the browse list to find an ipj file, the only files I have are .iam; .idw; .ipn; and .pdf in the inventor file folder. I don't understand why I was able to open it and now I am not.

bjm
Message 4 of 7

Are the assembly and its related children files in the same drive? Does this assembly connect to any network drive to pull in the children files?

Would it be possible for you to send the files to rajkumar.ilanchelian@autodesk.com?

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Message 5 of 7

The answers to your questions in order are: yes, yes, no.  However, one of our Engineers who works in Inventor everyday figured out the problem and got me up and running again.  Thanks anyway.

bjm
Message 6 of 7

Can you please share what the fix was if you dont mind?

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Message 7 of 7
74bonnie
in reply to: engtmp1

I had the exact same problem and it was caused by an incorrect path to the Content Centre Files.  The path was calling the 'My Documents' folder 'Documents' - not something I had typed in as far as I can remember, so possibly an error in the way Inventor or Publisher are configured.  At least it works now!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report