Inventor Publisher
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Publisher Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Publisher topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annotations affect more than the currently active snapshot?

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
sepfs
558 Views, 1 Reply

Annotations affect more than the currently active snapshot?

Hello,

I have a very irritating problem. I think it is described here as well:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-Publisher/Publisher-2013-snapshots/m-p/4391469#M1831

Instead of arrows I am using numbers in a snapshot. Now, if I create a new snapshot it copies the current one. So far so good. In the new snapshot I need the numbering to be different. My thought was that I just can delete the old numbering and just use a new one. Maybe it is just me but whatever I do the numbering in the first snapshot (the one I had active when I clicked on "New snapshot") is also "updated" and gone now.

No matter how I fiddle with the settings for the active snapshot.

Is there a practical solution for the problem? I do not want to create a new file just for that one snapshot and I need keep the numbering in the other snapshot intact. Is it only possible to "hide" the numbering for the snapshot and create a new one?

This would just be plain stupid imho. Placing the boxes for the numbers in the same position would be a nuisance.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
coreyparks
in reply to: sepfs

Think of a snapshot like paper space in AutoCAD.  Anything you place into the file is available to be used on any snapshot you have in the file.  If you delete something it is deleted on all snapshots.  So you are correct in your thinking that you can only hide callouts, or anything else for that matter, if you don't want them to show on a certain snapshot but they need to show up on others.  The only time you delete something is if you never want it to appear anywhere in the file again.  Seems like a bad idea to me, idw's are so much easier to manage.

Please mark this response "Accept as solution" if it answers your question.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Corey Parks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report