Inventor Publisher

Employee
mccoym
Message 11 of 19 (209 Views)

Re: Added screws from CC in Inventor - Update file error in Publisher.

05-25-2011 01:49 PM in reply to: jdukes1

Hi,

Is it possible for you to package your data set and send it to me (manjiri.mccoy@autodesk.com)?

Manjiri McCoy

Developer

Inventor Publisher

Distinguished Contributor
guyh
Message 12 of 19 (207 Views)

05-25-2011 02:10 PM in reply to: mccoym

Hi,  I can do this tomorrow... I will need to remember which assemly I used :smileyvery-happy:

I do believe it is down to the project file being set to [default] because it is a desktop PC and thus these are defined in the Inventor Options.

Thanks,

Guy

AutoCADM 2011 SP2
Inventor Pro 2011 SP2
Employee
Tianq
Message 13 of 19 (176 Views)

06-30-2011 09:15 PM in reply to: tizianokdg

Here is a workround.

Copy your en-US folder to the assembly file location which you are opening.

For instance, if your assembly file is under C:\VaultWorkingFolder\Workspaces\workspace\test\..., while your content center files are under C:\VaultWorkingFolder\Content Center Files\en-US\...

Then copy your en-US folder into C:\VaultWorkingFolder\Workspaces\workspace\test\..., it should work then. :smileyhappy:

guyh
Message 14 of 19 (169 Views)

07-01-2011 12:41 AM in reply to: Tianq

Or create a Publisher specific project file as i said earlier has the CC mapped rather than using the [default] setting.

No responce on this from Autodesk....... pretty big oversight from them and yet they wont clarify this bug.

AutoCADM 2011 SP2
Inventor Pro 2011 SP2
Employee
Tianq
Message 15 of 19 (154 Views)

07-03-2011 08:33 PM in reply to: guyh

Firstly, I'm sorry that I didn't metion that I'm a developer of Publisher and we didn't give one work round on this issue in time.

Secondly, you're right. Creating a Publisher specific project file can solve the problem. It seems that file searching logic in Publisher doesn't work well. it's really a defect and we will fix it.

guyh
Message 16 of 19 (149 Views)

07-04-2011 03:40 AM in reply to: Tianq

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.  It is just good to have the acknowledgement that this work around exists.  We all know products are a continuing evolution and will never be perfect but to have the feedback and response from Autodesk really helps us users.

Cheers,

Guy

AutoCADM 2011 SP2
Inventor Pro 2011 SP2
Employee
Tianq
Message 17 of 19 (121 Views)

07-28-2011 01:43 AM in reply to: guyh

Hi,

I'm fixing this problem. And I want to know in some cases, do you see the same unsolved problems in Inventor?

Thanks,

Dave

guyh
Message 18 of 19 (112 Views)

07-28-2011 03:02 PM in reply to: Tianq

Hi,

to my knowledge no I've not suffered the same problems but I am sure that is because within Inventor my [default] CC is known to Inventor (changed from the standard) where as in Publisher if the project file is set to [default] then it is not known.

should be an easy fix?  I hope so for you anyway :smileyhappy:

Cheers,

Guy

AutoCADM 2011 SP2
Inventor Pro 2011 SP2
Employee
Tianq
Message 19 of 19 (108 Views)

07-28-2011 07:30 PM in reply to: guyh

Thanks for your information. I'm clear about your problem, which could be fixed soon.

Further in some cases publisher could not import inventor file which can't be opened in inventor. For now, please make sure that the inventor file could be opened firstly.

Thanks,

Dave

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube