Inventor Publisher
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Publisher Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Publisher topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Added screws from CC in Inventor - Update file error in Publisher.

18 REPLIES 18
Message 1 of 19
guyh
994 Views, 18 Replies

Added screws from CC in Inventor - Update file error in Publisher.

I am trialling Publisher and imported an INV2011 assembly fine.  Did some snapshots and then realised I'd let soem screws out of the assembly.  I updated the Inventor assembly adding 4 screw from the content center and saved. 

Publisher picked up the file had been updated so I ran the update content and it fails with the message.

Update
    Failed to load assembly C:\VaultWorkingFolder\Designs\SOLEAL 55 DOOR\Single act double door\single leaf\Single Rebated Door.iam due to the problem with child files.
        File C:\VaultWorkingFolder\Content Center Files\en-US\ISO 7050 - C-Z\ISO 7050 - ST 4.2 x 25 - C - Z.ipt not found.

The file in question is located where the error says it doesn't.  Confusing me....

AutoCADM 2011 SP2
Inventor Pro 2011 SP2
18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19
Jon.Balgley
in reply to: guyh

Got your message -- it will take us a few days to look into it.

Jon Balgley
Message 3 of 19
LFMarshall

similar issue.  using trial of Publisher '12 with Inventor Sim Suite '10.

Several assembly files won't open due to 'can't load file' error on content center files from c drive (i work on network drive, no vault)

Also a file that did open with custom content center fasteners has some of them hidden on publish.

Larry Marshall
Inventor 2021.2 , AutoCAD 2021, 3DS Max 2021
Message 4 of 19
mccoym

I have some questions:

1. On import, are you setting the Inventor Project file correctly in the import options? We require it to resolve paths.

2. If you do set the project file correctly, does Import work, but Update continue to fail?

-Manjiri McCoy

Software developer

Inventor Publisher

Message 5 of 19
tizianokdg

Hello all,

I have the same problem. It seems that library files are causing the problem. I even can't insert an assembly.

Is there any one who could fix this problem?

Thanks is advance,

Tiziano Cannova

Message 6 of 19
mccoym

Hi,

Are you seeing the failure even after setting the Inventor project file (.ipj) location in the Publisher Import Options?

-Manjiri McCoy

Software developer

Inventor Publisher

Message 7 of 19
tizianokdg

Yes, the problem is even occuring when I set the project file right.

Regards,

Tiziano

Message 8 of 19
mccoym

Hi,

Can you send me the ipj file if posible? please email me directly: manjiri.mccoy@autodesk.com

-Manjiri

Message 9 of 19
jdukes1
in reply to: mccoym

I am having the same problem with the trial version.

Message 10 of 19
guyh

Ok I want to add to this... further tests are needed but I think I found the problem.  Publisher assumes the project file defines the CC file locations but if you have the project set to default then this information is not available to Publisher.  You therefore have to have this defined in the project file or have a project file you use only with Publisher.

Can anybody confirm?  An oversight by Autodesk if the case.....

PS I am still waiting for an invite to the next beta Smiley Wink

Cheers,

Guy

AutoCADM 2011 SP2
Inventor Pro 2011 SP2
Message 11 of 19
mccoym
in reply to: jdukes1

Hi,

Is it possible for you to package your data set and send it to me (manjiri.mccoy@autodesk.com)?

Manjiri McCoy

Developer

Inventor Publisher

Message 12 of 19
guyh
in reply to: mccoym

Hi,  I can do this tomorrow... I will need to remember which assemly I used Smiley Very Happy

I do believe it is down to the project file being set to [default] because it is a desktop PC and thus these are defined in the Inventor Options.

Thanks,

Guy

AutoCADM 2011 SP2
Inventor Pro 2011 SP2
Message 13 of 19
Tianq
in reply to: tizianokdg

Here is a workround.

Copy your en-US folder to the assembly file location which you are opening.

For instance, if your assembly file is under C:\VaultWorkingFolder\Workspaces\workspace\test\..., while your content center files are under C:\VaultWorkingFolder\Content Center Files\en-US\...

Then copy your en-US folder into C:\VaultWorkingFolder\Workspaces\workspace\test\..., it should work then. 🙂

Dave (Qing) Tian

Sr. Software Engineer

Message 14 of 19
guyh
in reply to: Tianq

Or create a Publisher specific project file as i said earlier has the CC mapped rather than using the [default] setting.

No responce on this from Autodesk....... pretty big oversight from them and yet they wont clarify this bug.

AutoCADM 2011 SP2
Inventor Pro 2011 SP2
Message 15 of 19
Tianq

Firstly, I'm sorry that I didn't metion that I'm a developer of Publisher and we didn't give one work round on this issue in time.

Secondly, you're right. Creating a Publisher specific project file can solve the problem. It seems that file searching logic in Publisher doesn't work well. it's really a defect and we will fix it.

Dave (Qing) Tian

Sr. Software Engineer

Message 16 of 19
guyh

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.  It is just good to have the acknowledgement that this work around exists.  We all know products are a continuing evolution and will never be perfect but to have the feedback and response from Autodesk really helps us users.

Cheers,

Guy

AutoCADM 2011 SP2
Inventor Pro 2011 SP2
Message 17 of 19
Tianq

Hi,

I'm fixing this problem. And I want to know in some cases, do you see the same unsolved problems in Inventor?

Thanks,

Dave

Dave (Qing) Tian

Sr. Software Engineer

Message 18 of 19
guyh

Hi,

to my knowledge no I've not suffered the same problems but I am sure that is because within Inventor my [default] CC is known to Inventor (changed from the standard) where as in Publisher if the project file is set to [default] then it is not known.

should be an easy fix?  I hope so for you anyway Smiley Happy

Cheers,

Guy

AutoCADM 2011 SP2
Inventor Pro 2011 SP2
Message 19 of 19
Tianq

Thanks for your information. I'm clear about your problem, which could be fixed soon.

Further in some cases publisher could not import inventor file which can't be opened in inventor. For now, please make sure that the inventor file could be opened firstly.

Thanks,

Dave

Dave (Qing) Tian

Sr. Software Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report