Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Permanently open parameters window.

Permanently open parameters window.

It annoys me that I cannot work on my model with the parameters window open all the time. 
I don’t know if there a reason for this on the coding end, but I would like to have it open on a second monitor so I can see all the names of my parameters and edit them on the fly.

54 Comments
BryanKelley
Alumni
Status changed to: Under Review
This project [US14391] is under review by the development team. Bryan Kelley Sr. Software QA Engineer DLS – Mechanical Design
dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Accepted

Accepted idea [61706]. Thanks!

DRoam
Mentor

I'd love to see this implemented in current releases of Inventor as well.

timdown73
Collaborator

This is a great idea. 

niksasa
Collaborator

I think before this possibility was in version 11 Inventor

BrandonBG
Collaborator

I'd like the option to force the Parameters window to be non-modal (a/k/a stays open while I'm working on the model or drawing).

I'd be able to pick parameters, or, at the very least, see my user parameters while I'm adding dimensions. I know I can pull open the drop down list of named parameters when I enter a dimension, but I'd go a lot faster by pointing and clicking where I can see both the named parameter and its value.

Also, the goofy speckled blue equation background is unnecessary.

BrandonBG

Inventor 2015

Tags (4)
Cadmanto
Mentor

Or at the very least, have a flyout window, like the properties in Autocad.

lkrenzler
Collaborator

This could be said for almost all windows.  So many would be far better as non-modal.

Quickcola
Enthusiast

They could give us something like the SW Property Tab Builder where you first build how you want it to act when working with it, then it's on the side of the part or assembly window, always ready to use in the task plane.

You want to add a value from sketch or feature into properties for your futur drawing, for your part lists, other properties, ect... just like in the box, then click the value from the sketch or feature or whatever.

It goes both ways if you want. It slides out of view when you hit the thumbtack, slides open when you mouse over it. I had my custom property tab plane to include those properties I used the most. Like a box for OD dimensions for parts and sub-assemblies. Click the box in property tab, click the values in the sketch, 2 clicks and I had just entered everything I need for the OD column of my drawing part list. I also had a drop box on my property tab for things like "laser cut" so that later running macros to export DXF could be done on whole assemblies and the macro would isolate only the part that had that property. adding the property was a single click.

I sooo miss this thing now that I work with Inventor.

Of cousre the regular parameters window was still availible for exceptions that I had not inculed into my custom parameters tab.

Logos_Atum
Advisor

Hello there,

would allow to wildly experiment with parameters,

while selecting parts and measuring.... .

(without notes)

Regards

Daniel

DecRa_Design
Participant

Hello,

When working with a skeleton part (for derived purpose) and ilogic would it be a great help that the FX could be constant available on 2nd screen even possible to make adjustments to the FX on the fly. Now you have to open FX and close when done. Then you have to memorize/write all the parameters you need.

for example you work in a derived assy with a skeleton part now you have to switch to the part then in FX for adjustments close and update, then update assy. It would be helpfull to open the assy then open the skeleton part and FX and put this FX on 2nd monitor. and now switch to the assy, and the fx stay on the 2nd screen so you could make changes directly in assy.

Thx

DRoam
Mentor

This is actually one of several duplicates for this request.

I suggest focusing your Kudos on this one: Permanently open parameters window. It's the original and currently has the most kudos.

There other duplicates (that I could find) are located here and here

DRoam
Mentor

I suggest focusing your Kudos on this one: Permanently open parameters window. It's the original and currently has the most kudos.

DRoam
Mentor

steinar.sorem
Advocate

Hi. Is this implemented in Inventor 2017?

mark_jackson
Enthusiast

Would this be dockable then it would be great if it could include recent user parameters in other files even better 

iangoh
Participant

Hi,

Why is this not implemented yet in Inventor 2017

DRoam
Mentor

FYI, here's a similar request for the same thing but with the Bill of Materials window: Bill of Materials always open

DRoam
Mentor

It seems there's a considerable push from Inventor users to be able to keep working on models while certain dialog boxes are open. Here's a similar request for the same thing again but with the iProperties window: Keep iProperties menu ON while change part selection.

Kay_Rethmeier
Advocate

Hi Autodesk,

I'm creating lots of full parametric models including iLogic with hugh parameterlists and especially lots of userdefined parameters. I need to test the params very often. Therefore I have several wishes / ideas:

Keep the f(x) list open - similar functionallity to the AutoCAD f(x) list-panel, which can stay open

Regards

Kay

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report