Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ilogic Hide Form

ilogic Hide Form

I've been working with a little iLogic trying to simplify modeling. I have templates of structures that are used within my industry. They are controlled by forms so one with little knowledge of the design of the structures can edit the form instead of building parts from scratch every time. I have an image of a simple rule that governs the type of form that inventor throws up given a column type attached. The problem is that I can't program it to hide the form that becomes irrelevant if the other option is chosen. I've tried countless ways, the most obvious would be to change the snippet iLogicForm.Show to Hide, but that command isn't recognized inventor. It's no big deal to just use the mouse and exit the menu you don't need, but when your constantly switching between designs the pop up form menu's can get a bit annoying. Perhaps I missed the solution on another post to such a simple problem. If so then could someone reply with a link?

5 Comments
Kyle.Arnold
Enthusiast

This is an excellent idea! We're trying to do the same thing at my company.

Example:

I have 4 iLogic forms in a part file. Here's a heirarchy...

A- Opens form for part type "A", keeps "Initial Form" open

"Initial Form" on File Open with three options (A,B,C)----  B- Opens form for part type "B", keeps "Initial Form" open

C- Opens form for part type "C", keeps "Initial Form" open

The first form gives you three options. Answer "A" opens the form for "A", answer "B" opens the form for "B"... etc... However, if you change the answer in the first form from "A" to "B", the form for "B" opens without closing form "A". When placing in a new part it would be excellent to only have the relevant form stay open.

I would love an answer also if someone knows how to do this!

Josh_Hunt
Advocate

Kyle and deondres034,

This sounds like a Form structure issue. I think you need to design 1 complex Form. "Group" your A, B, C parameters on 1 form. If you have a lot of parameters then use "Tab Groups". Then set a True/False parameter to Enable/Disable those groups. I hope my screenshots and code snippet makes sense?

A different thought would be ... if your PART file is so complex that it requires 3 different forms then maybe it's more practical to have 3 templates for A, B, and C?

EnablingParameterBOTH.png EnablingParameterAXEL.png EnablingParameterSLOT.png EnablingParameterForm.png

Select Case Option
	Case "Both"
		Slot= True
		Axel = True
	Case "Slot"
		Slot= True
		Axel = False
	Case "Axel"
		Slot= False
		Axel = True
End Select

Feature.IsActive("Slot") = Slot
Feature.IsActive("SlotChamfer") = Slot

Feature.IsActive("Slit") = Axel 
Feature.IsActive("AxelDia") = Axel 

deondres034
Contributor

Thanks for an excellent solution to my problem! My models are pretty complex but multiple templates aren't an option if you have to make 4 different ones. Things are always changing in the design of structural steel so it would be an even bigger problem switching between different templates just because they changed a bolted connection type. Also there's at least 25 different structures and 80 templates to chose from would be overkill. I ended up going the all group route for my parameters since the tab doesn't give you a hide option. In one form there were 29 changeable parameters so thats why I decided to split the forms up, but the group feature allows me to just hide what I dont need shortening the length of the form up. I admit I had a bit of trouble setting up my rule because my options were text rather than true false. I had to add a couple of true false parameters and link them according to my text parameters along with a few other bumps that needed smoothing. It would still be nice to split the menu and do something like this but now I'm being greedy :). Thanks again!!

inv.ideareview
Autodesk
Thanks for sharing your Idea. We use this forum to guide product development and help users in the best way we can based on voting. We occasionally merge Ideas or archive old ones to keep the forum working properly - it ensures there is room for people to review new Ideas and that the most relevant and meaningful ones can gain votes. We’re archiving this Idea because it's been on the board for well over a year and hasn't received many votes from the community. If you want to raise it again and try to gain more support, you're welcome to do so. We’ve found that pictures and mock-ups can help get concepts across and win more votes from other users. If you have questions or see a connection between this Idea and others, let us know. - Inventor product team (Inv.idea review)
inv.ideareview
Autodesk
Status changed to: Archived

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report