New Idea
46 Kudos
khosking

Center Mark - Multi-select align with edge

by Active Contributor khosking on ‎05-06-2014 07:41 PM

The below picutre shows a problem, where in an Inventor drawing when mutliple center marks are selected, the "Align to Edge" command only modifys one center mark and not all of the selected.

A user who has many center marks in their drawing must manually align them one by one, which would be time consuming, so it would be great if multiple center marks could be selected and aligned with one click.

Accepted idea as [US22731] Thanks
17 Kudos

I miss the possibility to remove previews from the new home-screen in Inventor 2015 manually via context-menu.

I often have to create temporary files for evaluating new designs.

After deleting such files on the start-screen broken-link icons are displayed.

Inventor2015 - Vorschlag.jpg

108 Kudos
bendesign04

Flip command on mate axis

by bendesign04 on ‎12-13-2013 07:01 PM

When mating an axis from one part to another it often mates the wrong way you than have to cancel out rotate the part the remate it. This very time consuming and requires a lot of clicking. All you need is a flip option. 7.JPG

Accepted idea [US23198]. Thanks!
171 Kudos

Ever had a drawing where you wanted an aligned to edge orientation for a break view? I have!!!

If yes, please vote to add this simple yet highly effective functionality I feel has always been missing.

Example. Bent piece of pipe that I wanted to put on a B size drawing and in full scale. Can't use the Break tool on the bent section and keep the break aligned how I want it due to limitation of only Vertical or Horizontal Break orientation....

BREAK1.jpg

Result of horizontal break. Not nice to look at in this case is it?

BREAK3.jpg

My proposed fancy new "Aligned" orientation button....

BREAK2ALIGNED.jpg

You would use Edge selection to select the edge you want your Break to be perpendicular to (or possibly ability to edit the Break properties at the sketch level?).....

BREAKper2.jpg

The end result would be a MUCH nicer and desired result....

break4.jpg

Accepted idea [US19754]. Thanks!

This idea is similar to http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/ideas/v2/ideapage/blog-id/v1232/article-id/2141

116 Kudos

I know I struggle with the two shades of yellow when trying to contrain or edit contraints in assemblies.  Can we make them something that is a little more distinguishable?  Like read and green or yellow and orange or what ever that allows these two colors to not be in the same color family.

colors.JPG 

for "Wonderland".  I like this scheme except for this.

colors.JPG

Accepted idea [US21077]. Thanks!
40 Kudos
JoeBarnes4076

Interference Analysis Improvements

by Active Contributor JoeBarnes4076 on ‎02-25-2014 09:36 AM

Add behavior of zoom selected and highlight of affected components and interference volume when selecting on a row in the interference analysis results.  I had a video but the Ideastation dosn't seem to allow video files as attachments.

GlobalInterferenceTool2.PNG

Accepted idea [US4567]. Thanks!
15 Kudos
ChelseaJVH

Sheet Metal Improvements

by Contributor ChelseaJVH on ‎04-30-2014 10:46 AM

1. Ability to create and flat pattern complex bends

2. More in depth calculation with punch features to show possible deformation/shape

3. Ability to Miter ect. between 2 sheet metal parts in the assembly environment

4. Have additional Sheet Metal Material Library with set Gauges 

a. (Possibly?)Be able to select gauge and material for the Sheet Metal Rule and it understand the thickness

Accepted idea 1 [US24021]. Thanks! Nested ideas (2~4) should be posted separately - thanks.
142 Kudos
schnautza

Transparent part option in drawing

by Valued Contributor schnautza on ‎05-22-2013 11:45 AM

I'm working on an assembly that has some polycarbonate sheet as a cover. I'd like it if I could see what is behind the clear material in my drawing.

This is very different than wanting hidden lines - I do NOT want to see every hidden line of the parts behind the transparent material. I only want to see the next visible part, maybe as a lighter line, but only the visible edges.

It would be great if there was an option when you right click a part to set as transparent in the drawing - similar to toggling visibility or hidden lines.

transparenttransparent2.png

Accepted idea [US19752]. Thanks!
98 Kudos
Carl_mgfx

Please add "Replace Selected"

by Valued Contributor Carl_mgfx on ‎08-14-2013 07:15 AM

I've searched the Idea Station but didn't find something quite like this with replace (although I did find a lot of requests to change the replace functionality)

When replacing a component, the only options available are "Replace" and "Replace all".  This can be troublesome when trying to replace only a few items and not all of them e.g. 4 out of 8 dowels.

So to illustrate here is an example:

If you want to replace 4 out of 8 dowels you will have to repeat the "Replace" operation 4 times, as "Replace all" would obviously replace all 8.

If there was the option of “Replace selected”, you could have selected the 4 dowels and replaced them in 1 step.

This is an efficiency enhancement that would make many designers lives much easier! 

Accepted idea [US21209]. Thanks!
87 Kudos
crmayo

MM = mm / IN = in (Dimensions)

by Contributor crmayo on ‎09-09-2013 10:41 AM

Most of the time when I'm drawing, my cap lock are on.  When I type in units in uppercase Inventor doesn't recognize that MM is mm, or IN is in.  I want Inventor to apply the units - proper case or not.

MM IN.PNG

Accepted idea [US21122]. Thanks!
196 Kudos
stuarts

3D PDF

by Contributor stuarts ‎12-18-2012 01:52 AM - edited ‎12-18-2012 01:54 AM

The ability to create 3D PDF's from inventor. I don't want to bu publisher just to create a 3D PDF or any other 3rd party application. A lot of customers are requesting this now, and dwf isn't the answer, most people have adobe non-cad and cad users, where as they don't have dwf viewer and cant download it.

Accepted as ideas [US2028] [US2029]. Thanks!

189 Kudos
MattH_Work

Support for Multiple Monitors

by Valued Contributor MattH_Work on ‎11-16-2012 04:44 AM

Full support for multiple monitors

Allow browser(s) to dock correctly on any edge of any screen, not just docking when inside 'parent' application

Allow browser(s) to be 'Always On Top' when used on different screen to 'parent' application

Accepted ideas [US16721] [US16734]. Thanks!
166 Kudos
michael.marx

ESC key stop operation

by Valued Contributor michael.marx on ‎12-12-2012 12:54 AM

the ability to stop all operations/calculations with ESC key instead of killing the inventor.exe process! 

Accepted idea [US20883]. Thanks!
116 Kudos
Curtis_Waguespack

Level of Detail for Parts

by *Expert Elite* on ‎04-03-2013 01:36 PM

The ability to suppress features and create Level Of Detail representations in part files would be very useful.

Example 1:

I have a bent tube that goes into an assembly in the formed state. However, I would like to detail this part to show both the pre-formed and formed states of the part on my drawing. Currently I can not do this without creating additional files (derived parts or iParts).  Ideally I would be able to suppress the Bend Part feature as a LOD to place the pre-formed part view.

Example 2:

I have a part file with a lot of detailed edges and surfaces and I use this part over and over in my assemblies, I would like to be able to suppress features as a LOD an use the simplified version in the assembly, but still have the detailed version for my part drawing. Again we'd like to be able to do this, without having additional files to track.

Accepted idea [US19751]. Thanks!
108 Kudos
DRoam

Improved measurement tools

by Distinguished Contributor DRoam on ‎04-09-2013 07:27 AM

I find the tools in Inventor's Inspect > Measure panel very cumbersome, limited, and non-user friendly. I often have to escape out of the command between every measurement to be sure it will operate properly. I cannot measure any distance involving a round surface, such as the tangential distance to a circumference. I cannot see a history of previous measurements. I have to use round-about methods to measure certain features; for example, I have to click a random face before I can pick the center of a circle as my first measuring point.

The ability to keep measurements displayed, almost like temporary 3D dimensions, for the purpose of active analysis of a component (as I was trying to do with my boss the other day) would be very useful; that way as I'm navigating around my part or assembly I can see in real-time the precise dimensions of features I care about rather than measuring and re-measuring as I'm trying to determine things about the model.

I'd love to hear of functionality that other users would like to see added for measuring and inspecting 3D models, and to see all of these implemented in future releases of Inventor as well as in service packs to current releases, so that all users can take advantage of this very foundational functionality.

(Please see related Discussion Groups post here: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/Better-measure-tool-in-Inventor/m-p/3841929)

Accepted idea [US19753]. Thanks! PS - nice mock-up Cameron. :smileywink:
81 Kudos
pierre.masson

Drawing symbol library stored centrally

by Product Support on ‎06-17-2013 05:02 AM

Currently the drawing symbols are stored in each individual drawings.

If you company uses thousands of symbols this is not ideal.

We would like it to be stored in a central library, which we can organize. You should be able to see a preview of the symbol when browsing the library directly from Inventor.

Accepted idea [US21875]. Thanks!

148 Kudos
jberns

Update Inventor Drawing Text Editor

by Valued Contributor jberns on ‎11-02-2012 02:45 PM

The text editor of the Inventor drawing enviornment could use some updating.

I would like to see similar functionality as the AutoCAD editor.

• in-place editing (no dialog box)
  • contextual ribbon (but realize you still want to support those that use the previous toolbar interface)
  • numbered/bulleted lists
  • columns

An integrated spell checker would be useful was well. This would avoid having to install from the SDK.

Regards,

Jerry 

Accepted idea [US14238 & US5186].  Thanks!

40 Kudos

Hello Created two user parameter: numeric and text. 

Безымянный29.JPG

They added to the sketch. Created engraving. 

Безымянный31.JPG

Безымянный32.JPG

Why not add text to a table setting ipart to change the engraving details? Why it can not be eTsifry you can add, and the text can not. This greatly facilitates the work of creating designs ipart with different text engraved.

Безымянный30.JPG

Accepted idea [US21087]. Thanks!
6 Kudos

Please can you make the 'Projects' drop-down list alphabetic.

I have a long list and it’s all over the place! It seems random, thanks!

projects-dropdown.jpg

13 Kudos
jesse.newman

multi-view panels

by jesse.newman on ‎03-14-2014 02:53 PM

Similar to Maya's panel views, it would be nice to see multiple axes being viewed simultaneously in the same window. Changing things in one view would of course affect the other views simultaneously. In my opinion, this would vastly improve part placement during assembly, and would also make 3D sketches easier. See below for mockup.

multi-view mockup 2.jpg

http://download.autodesk.com/global/docs/maya2014/en_us/index.html?url=files/Basics_Windows_and_Edit...

Jesse, no reason to log another entry. Accepted idea [US23276]. Thanks!

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
IdeaStation Guidelines
Review guidelines and best practices
before posting a new idea.

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube