New Idea
7 Kudos
MShanholt

slot joint constraint

by MShanholt on ‎07-23-2014 05:04 AM

when applying a joint constrain on a bolt going into the center of a slot, it would be helpful if the very center of the slot would highlight as an option. today it only picks up the center points and midpoint of the walls

6 Kudos

It would be spiffy if Inventor would accept component patterns with 0 as a valid number of instances. I would expect it to not only throw errors but to remove that line item (assuming there are no other instances of the components) from my BOM.

Currently I have a "smart" assembly where I have some parametric patterns with instances and spacing determined by formulae. Sometimes, those formulae correctly retrun zero, however, both the model and my BOM will still show one instance. This requires me to cook up some sort of iLogic work-around. It's not the end of the world, but it's inconvenient (understatement) and I don't really see any reason for it to not work like I expect it to.

3 Kudos
wimann

Replace Selected From Content Center

by Distinguished Contributor wimann on ‎07-22-2014 10:45 AM

I've had this a few times where I've had a few sets of bolts that share the same bolt size. Where this becomes a problem is when I've got to swap out and/or resize, for example, half of the bolts. I can't do a "Replace All" and the alternative is changing each one individually or deleting out the old size and placing new ones at the correct size.

I think it would be beneficial if you could do a "Select Multiple" like you can with Frame Generator and change the size of only the parts selected. I believe someone posted something similar to this about normal parts but I think I would also like to see it implemented in the Change Size and/or Replace From Content Center windows.

Thanks guys.

3 Kudos
Cadmanto

Different Color for Red Extrude arrow

by *Expert Elite* on ‎07-22-2014 06:50 AM

As suggested in this thread http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-General/Red-up-arrow-in-model-browers/td-p/3592634 there shold be a different color other then RED for the extrude arrow.  arrow.JPG  Whether there is a different color for extruded geometry or an extruded cut, doesn't matter to me, but RED means caution/warning or that there is an issue.  Black would be fine with me.

7 Kudos
The ability to propagate the assembly constraint dialog box with the properties of an existing constraint by selecting it in the browser, this would enable the ability to not only add constraints with the dialog as per normal but also edit existing ones as desired by selecting them in the browser after selecting apply on a previous constraint addition.<br><br>This would effectively bypass the need to get out of the assembly constraint dialog temporarily to modify or fix flare ups or flip existing constraint arrangements as you would be able to just select other constraints in the browser and their properties would appear in the constraint dialog for editing.<br><br>Cheers<br>Carl<br><br><br>
2 Kudos

Remove the radius in notched profiles so item details in drawings can be drawn correctly without having to manually remove the radius.

Capture.PNGm

19 Kudos
asiu

Drawings/Hatch - Enable multipe profile selection

by asiu on ‎07-14-2014 01:24 PM

When hatching in a drawing view (being in a sketch related to a view), I would like to select multiple profiles so I can apply the desired hatch at once.

This will be a behaviour similar with AutoCAD's functionality.

Current behaviour (up to version 2014) is that you have to select a profile at a time. More so, the settings you choose are forgotten, so you have to apply the settings again.

This is very time consuming on screenings or similar type of objects.

Thank you for supporting this!

48 Kudos
kim.schroeder

Partial Section view

by kim.schroeder ‎07-03-2014 04:27 AM - edited ‎07-03-2014 04:31 AM

There are several occasions when we really are missing a zig-zag line in Inventor!

First of all, when making a partial Section View it would be very useful to be able to get a zig-zag line at the "break" position when a Section View doesn't run through the whole part, please see picture below.  (Now I simply turn off the visibility of that line).

Partial Section View.JPG

Furthermore, it would also be nice to be able to...

...configure "Crop Cut Line" as a zig-zag line.

...change an existing line into a zig-zag line.

As in the already existing zig-zag line in the "Break" view, it should preferably be possible to chose zig-zag symbol size as well as number of such symbols.

7 Kudos

Sometimes one knows they are going to suppress some instances of a feature pattern. Could you generate a basic representation of the pattern and allow the user to deselect instances before executing the pattern feature? 

Example... A 4x4 pattern might present a dialog like this... Here I've deselected several boxes and they change from a green "Y" to a red "N", meaning the N's are suppressed instances.  Polar patterns appear like pie pieces. Other patterns could display as one row?

YYYN
NNNN
YYYY
NYYY

-Brian

8 Kudos

Capture.JPG

It would be nice to right click a pattern in the feature tree to turn off the visibility of all items. Right now you have to expand the pattern and hide visibility for each element.

7 Kudos
hagiographa

Fix the "Inventor Kill Switch"

by Active Contributor hagiographa on ‎07-16-2014 05:11 PM

When inventor is running slow and you try to access the "I PRO (File)" button at the top left corner to access commands - even though you wait a couple of seconds between clicks, it registers as a double-click and closes Inventor.  (I have lost count of how many times this has happened).

Where do you turn this feature off?  You should have to turn it on, not off.  I never use this feature, I always use the big red "X" in the top right corner.

Thanks 

10 Kudos

When adding parts to an assembly, I would like to have a choice to add that part to:

-all view representations (the current behaviour)

-selected view representations

-the current view representation only

It is very time consuming to have to update each of the view representations manually. This has a potential cascade effect for presentation and drawing files.

Thank you.

2 Kudos

Hi,

I have a proposition to:

Introduce something similar like constrains that could be used for delivered parts in part environment. Currently it is only possible to move derived body but available solution is rather not convenient to use.

Cris.

30 Kudos

I know this has been brought up many times. I know there are work arounds. But this is a nice feature and one Inventor should implement. Almost every other major 3D modeling software has a very simple way to enable this without changing the part properties, or disabling the part.

PLEASE!

15 Kudos
blandb

Assembly Contraints

by blandb on ‎07-10-2014 11:09 AM

I assume this has already been posted several times, but it gets annoying. 

Have the option to "FLIP" the constrained value to the other direction. Seems like no matter the order the parts are selected, One will have to

put a negative value in the constraint to make it go in the direction you desire. To avoid this, just type in the value, and then pick a button like in the pattern for the side to offset to.

This way nobody has to worry about the selection order or having negative values in the constraints. It will just flip-flop between directions.

33 Kudos
admaiora

Multi Measures and Calculator Tool

by Active Contributor admaiora on ‎06-30-2014 08:53 AM

It would be great the ability to power the output measure tool, adding a Calculator tool, that can tracks multi measurements, combine between them  and even evaluate expressions with variables and parameters.

Calc.jpg

15 Kudos
darko.caldovic

Dimensioning in part sketch do not recognize middle point

by darko.caldovic ‎07-10-2014 04:47 AM - edited ‎07-10-2014 04:55 AM

It would be nice to have Snap function in part sketch to recognize middle point when adding dimensions. Currently you must manually add point on the mid point, and than you can add dimensions. 

16 Kudos
asiu

New Idea Categories

by asiu on ‎07-09-2014 10:59 AM

I applaud Autodesk for coming up with this IdeaStation!

As this is growing and it attracts more users to make suggestions I would like to propose to have the ideas filtered per categories (like: assemblies/constraints; parts/sketches, FEA/display results, etc.)

This will avoid the duplicate ideas, make it easier to navigate and vote ideas closer related to your work filed, and make it easier for the Autodesk moderators to filter the information.

6 Kudos
darko.caldovic

Improve View Cube

by darko.caldovic on ‎07-16-2014 07:51 AM

It would be nice to have function to see opposite side of the ViewCube. When you enter existing sketch you will notice that it isn't oriented like you prefer, and that you just want to look at it from the opposite side. So, it would be useful to turn sketch orientation by 180 deg by clicking on ViewCube front face orientation. Currently, this will just fit to screen. Fit to screen already could be done by double middle button click on your mouse. 

7 Kudos
ClintWestwood

Increased cross hatch clipping functionality

by Active Contributor ClintWestwood ‎07-14-2014 05:48 AM - edited ‎07-14-2014 05:54 AM

The "Cross Hatch Clipping" option in idw document settings does not work with hatched sketches. I would like this functionality to be expanded so that custom hatching/shading operations created as a sketch do not interfere with annotations.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
IdeaStation Guidelines
Review guidelines and best practices
before posting a new idea.

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube