Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMates impovements request

iMates impovements request

1. Enable to include imates when pattern features

When I create a hole I can infer an imate for it, however when I pattern this hole the imate will not follow, and I can't infer imates for the pattern, so I need to make each imate one by one. Ability to include imates in the pattern will be great.

2.  Enable multi-selection when creating imates

I have a lot of holes to make imates for (patterned for example), I 'd like to select all the edges I want to make an iMate and a single click to make them all.

3.  Enable to include imates in iFeatures

When I extract an iFeature from part, I want to include the imates in the iFeature, so when I insert this iFeature, an imate will be created automatically.

3 Comments
jletcher
Advisor

Would like to know why you want to pattern an imate in a pattern.

Please explain why this has value...

Inventor_75
Explorer

For example, we have to isolate iner duct walls (irrigular shape) with thermal wool, the casing plate wall is cover with studs pattern to hold the wool in place. (The assembly is configurable and automatically adjusts for each project size and shape)

With a Pattern of iMates we could use, to insert studs,the command "Place at all matching imates". (before, we use a simple command to remove iMates outside of the casing plate)

Pattern of studs is a possibility too, but we end up erasing hundreds of studs outsize the irrigular shape, so this is not viable as a solution for now. (may be there is simple way to remove all studs outside of the casing plate...)

There surely is a simple solution, your expertise would be very appreciated.

Thanks.

VOCCICULTURED
Observer

It seems advantageous to me to be able to insert iMates into a punch tool result (*.IDE) so that the iMate generation within a part is more automated. This is helpful for placing a welded nut over a punched hole within the assembly.

Tags (1)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report