Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iLogic rules button into ribbon bar

iLogic rules button into ribbon bar

easily creation of buttons in the ribbonbar which are executing defined rules

20 Comments
j_denner
Participant

You can kind of do that now by right clicking the Global Forms tab and then dragging your rule into the tab. You can even oganize that tab like a form.

SteveMDennis
Autodesk
Status changed to: Under Review

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Under Review

This project [3625] is under review by the development team.

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Accepted

Accepted idea [3625]. Thanks!

shmartin89
Advocate

When I right click on my Global Forms tab nothing happens. Is there any way to get my form into the ribbon?

Curtis_Waguespack
Consultant

Enterprise Tab.png

I'd like to be able to add an "enterprise" tab to the ribbon, to contain buttons for illogic rules. So for instance if I work for a company called "Acme" we'd add an Acme tab and on the ribbon that would contain all of the Acme tools.

This makes it more clear to the users where to find the custom tools created at Acme.

Currently this can be done, but we have to jump through some hoops using VBA. I'd like to request some native support in Inventor for adding illogic buttons to a custom ribbon tab, preferably with some panel and menus as well.

HenkdeB
Enthusiast

Good idea. we have the same issue.

Also I'd like the possibility to trigger a External Rule for all Open documents.

Now the trigger is stored in the document.

But I'd like to set then trigger and than it is functioning for all open documents.

And also after restart of Inventor

michael_marx
Advocate
Curtis_Waguespack
Consultant

"already accepted idea 🙂 "

Outstanding!

@dan_szymanski please mark this as a duplicate idea when you have a chance.

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Future Consideration

As we refine the procedures around idea status, I am changing this to Future Consideration.

TechInventor20
Advocate

bump

F.Steinhorst
Enthusiast

Still waiting for it. 🤗

bsnyderACLUW
Enthusiast
bsnyderACLUW
Enthusiast
this is what i ended up with https://www.screencast.com/t/RmtQ9bX74
william
Advocate

This would be really helpful to have this functionality as standard. 

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Accepted

Accepted idea [3625]. Thanks!

Yijiang.Cai
Autodesk
Status changed to: Implemented

This idea has been implemented within Autodesk Inventor 2023. Please review the Inventor 2023 What's New article here. For more information regarding how you may leverage the feature, and please review this page. Special thanks to everyone who cast a vote for it.

dusan.naus.trz
Advisor

I'm still testing version 2023. In the company, I arranged a transition to version 2023 for July. I've noticed this new functionality. It's nice that it's right in Inventor. In the past, I dealt with it via VBA, which referred to iLogic. I was hoping that the improvements would be much greater regarding the panel and iLogic. Maybe there was no time in that direction? It's a shame. I expected something like this.

http://www.jaytekdev.com/ilxTools/ButtonPanel

Can I expect higher goals from Autodesk? Or am I wrong?

Already 3 years ago, I introduced an idea that described more complex functions.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-ideas/ilogic-custom-browser-and-activ-value-after-marking/id...

I would like to see a development plan for 10 years ahead. I don't know if I would be satisfied. The company I work for has been paying for Inventor for 20 years, which is not moving very fast in development. We pay around $ 400,000 every year. I'm sorry, I want to see more functionalities, I want more creative functionalities. I work with Inventor every day, and I need new features, it saves time, increases efficiency and saves nerves. 🙂

dusan.naus.trz
Advisor

I want Inventor to be the best program in the world, but sometimes I don't know if Autodesk wants the same? Why do I want it? Because I work in that software every day. 🙂

dusan.naus.trz
Advisor

You should invest heavily in Inventor development to convince all those who have fixed Inventor licenses. So that they do not switch to other software. Other software may develop much faster and may have greater long-term potential.
I think Version 2023 still doesn't convince many companies to switch to rental licenses.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report