Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iLogic - Debugging

iLogic - Debugging

I would like iLogic to act in the same way as Visual studio in repect to debugging (F8 to step through for example) and coding (autocomplete etc)

While I would hardly call VB.NET programming a 'pleasure', its a **** site easier and more visual than iLogic

7 Comments
dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Under Review

James.McIntosh
Contributor

Intellisence would be a fantastic addition to iLogic. We also need a way of jumping out of accidently created circular loops (such as escape) and the ability to create our own triggers, the ones provided are not flexible enough most of the time

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Future Consideration

Idea added to backlog for future consideration [3636]. Thanks!

dsmith
Advocate

This is so needed - it would put illogic in line this visual studio and other development platforms. At the moment it is a poor relation not having such basic functionality.

johncgr
Enthusiast

@dan_szymanski What is the current status of an improved debugging system? Thanks.

dan_szymanski
Autodesk

Hello @johncgr & all,

You may find the following useful: Using Visual Studio to Debug iLogic Rules

The team is looking for feedback regarding utilization of this method.  Feel free to comment within the "Mod the Machine" blog.  Thanks!

johncgr
Enthusiast

@dan_szymanski  I shall try and wrangle a copy of VS Community for use at work and should have a response for you in the New Year. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report