Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hot keys in some feedback / confirmation windows

hot keys in some feedback / confirmation windows

we probably all see at times it could be good to hit a key instead of clicking on an okay or accept or cancel button, especially if we wish to continue further (need to click ok or accept many times) and the default focus happens to be on the cancel key!

i have attached a snapshot of such a case.

not to divert away from the idea but this default focus should be on the "Accept" key (having to reattach quite a few dimensions that have broken away from the geometry)...

so, in the case of re-attaching dimensions or leaders or other attached annotations, there is an intensive need to click almost every time something is reattached if there is still a portion of the annotation that still needs to be attached (eg the dim extension line down the other end of ths shaft in this case).

if i could just keep hitting the "A"  key (non mouse hand) while reattaching annotations (with mouse clicks) i could be cutting down the clicks and time to get the drawing sorted, and hopefully get another job out the door quick enough so i can catch the pie van at smoko...

3 Comments
mrattray
Advisor

How about we add an application option to disable them all together?

Mark_Wigan
Collaborator

YES please- it would save time.

inv.ideareview
Autodesk
Status changed to: Archived

Thanks for sharing your Idea. We use this forum to guide product development and help users in the best way we can based on voting. We occasionally merge Ideas or archive old ones to keep the forum working properly - it ensures there is room for people to review new Ideas and that the most relevant and meaningful ones can gain votes.

We’re archiving this Idea because it's been on the board for well over a year and hasn't received many votes from the community. If you want to raise it again and try to gain more support, you're welcome to do so. We’ve found
that pictures and mock-ups can help get concepts across and win more votes from other users. If you have questions or see a connection between this Idea and others, let us know.

- Inventor product team (Inv.idea review)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report