Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change representation in ipn files

change representation in ipn files

Hi,

I would like the ability to change the representations used in an ipn file after the view has been created. Currently we can choose the view, position, level of detail and associativity when a new explosion is created, but we cannot change this after the explosion has been created.

I cannot see a workaround for this, other than to create a new explosion. Changing the representation used could save so much time.

I appreciate that some tweaks may be broken by changing the representation, but for the most part I would see this as saving a lot of effort.

Kenny

6 Comments
tkanusky
Participant

The presentation environment is in dire need of improvement.

BrotherkennyhDWR
Enthusiast

Thanks for pointing out the previous threads. I don't know if Autodesk ever plan on working on this, but its about time they put some work into it. As far as I am concerned they should be making imporvements with every release. Presently I can't remember when the presentation environment last changed.

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Duplicate

Hello Kenny,

This Idea is a duplicate of the following enhancement request:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-ideastation/fix-the-ipn-s-associativity-issues/idi-p/4750673

Please cast your kudo to the Master Idea as to not split votes.  Thanks! -Dan

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Implemented

This Duplicate idea has been implemented within Autodesk Inventor 2016. Special thanks to the author of this Idea and likewise to everyone who cast your Kudo for it.

kpalumbo
Contributor

We gotta be able to change a positional rep in an IPN, if I want.

Regardless, if its going to mess up the existing tweaks, that should be my call.

TU

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report