Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Window Select in Presentations

Window Select in Presentations

Hopefully this would be a simple fix..

Please introduce the selection methods such as Window or by size etc. to the Presentation environment.

All other environements support window selection so it would be a nice addition.

Thanks

Rory

8 Comments
dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Under Review

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Accepted
Accepted idea [US17332]. Thanks!
vonchillis
Contributor

I asked for this back in 2005 at the AEC Systems show in Vegas directly to the Inventor Q&A person after their presentation.  

vonchillis
Contributor

OOPS!!! That was the Autodesk University not the AEC Systems show. 

MShanholt
Contributor

it is incredibly time consuming not having a selection window when working with large assembly presentation files. i can only click the parts individually or on the browser. i should be able to highlight whatever parts i want with a selection window to perform a tweak as well

vonchillis
Contributor

Just an FYI, this has already been accepted.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-IdeaStation/Window-Select-in-Presentations/idc-p/5065196#M506...

But it may take years as you can see to get added to the program.

VC

Explorer

We're still waiting on this... this would dramatically increase productivity when producing exploded views. The whole presentation interface needs some more thought - it is very inefficent.

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Implemented

A portion of this idea has been implemented within Autodesk Inventor 2016. Special thanks to the author of this Idea and likewise to everyone who cast your Kudo for it.  In Autodesk Inventor 2016 you can now conduct a window selection within the presentation (ipn) environment to select components or assemblies.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report