Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome Dialog - tell me what project is active

Welcome Dialog - tell me what project is active

Provide just a little more pertinent info on the welcome dialog box.

See attached image.

7 Comments
cbenner
Mentor

Can you be more specific?  What type of info would you like to see.  This forum really works, but you have ot provide as much information as possible... almost better to give too much info.

billyb
Enthusiast

Sorry, along with the topic title and  "See attached image" I should have drawn your attention to the Projects selection in the dialog box. It shows, in yellow, <Current Project> That is the info I was talking about adding. My apologies, it is so small a suggestion it apparently wasn't clear.

Rationale

For those using more than one umbrella project, it would be good to know the active project before starting work.There is no visual indication unless you want to decipher it from the most recent part.

I work in multiple projects and disciplines, I use projects to organize the work and digitial resources. Unfortunately I don't know what project I'm in until I either use the Projects command or the Open dialog box. That negates being able to start a "New" part in a "known" active project.

I hope that clarifies my suggestion a little.

Cheers,

Bill

SteveMDennis
Autodesk
Status changed to: Future Consideration
Thanks for the simple improvement [US14264]
billyb
Enthusiast
My pleasure, Steve. -bill bogan
dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Accepted
Accepted idea [US14264]. Thanks!
dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Implemented
This idea has been implemented within Autodesk Inventor 2015. Special thanks to the author of this Idea and likewise to everyone who cast your Kudo for it. The project file name and complete path are now displayed at the bottom of the New My Home interface. Please be sure to check this out in Autodesk Inventor 2015. Thanks!
DRoam
Mentor

FYI, here's a related Idea suggesting that the active Project name be displayed somewhere at all times: project file name (currently 4 votes).

Please vote if you think it would be handy to have a clearer indication of the active Project in Inventor at any given time.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report