Inventor IdeaStation
Share your ideas about how to improve Inventor with the Development Team.
1 Kudo
julesgf

User Parameters in Frame Generator Offsets

by Contributor julesgf on ‎01-19-2013 05:09 PM

User parameters can be entered into offset fields currently. However the value is converted to a fixed numerical and does not update the member location when the user parameter value is changed.

Fixing this would make a massive difference to my workflow.
It would in fact allow new ways of modelling, many simpler frames could be described with only 2 sketches on the origin planes.
Comments
by Distinguished Contributor jrossco on ‎02-21-2013 02:09 PM

I'm looking at the same issue.  I do see that editing the FG part by using "Edit with Frame Generator" and then hitting the apply button without making any edits moves the offset to the current value of the parameter. However, it would be nice not to have to do this to every FG part. I've tried to look in the Customization forumn for some code that would do this for each FG part in an assembly but I had no luck finding anything.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
IdeaStation Guidelines
Review guidelines and best practices
before posting a new idea.

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube