Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export Text Parameter

Export Text Parameter

Why can't we export text parameters to iProperties for easy use in title blocks? This is so simple and useful, I can't believe it isn't already posted.

31 Comments
BLHDrafting
Collaborator

Likewise, I want to use text parameters to drive an emboss feature for an iPart that I then want to publish to the Content Centre.

akosi
Collaborator

Why cant we export text user parameter ???

we can for numerical type...what is the issue for text type!!

it would help us tremendously ,

by exporting text parameter, we can write whatever and be able to derive it for other parts.

please please....make this happen..

Tags (3)
mrattray
Advisor
mflayler2
Advisor

You can do this now with iLogic code, but I agree that it should have standard user availability.

akosi
Collaborator

To mark ...

would you be able to share on how to do that in ilogic.? pleaseeee..

i can settle for that in the meantime...

mflayler2
Advisor

Akosi, this is how I do it right now.  If you have more than one parameter, change the identifer in the code.  I use this all the time for Titleblock automation where a Custom Parameter is needed from a MultiValue Text Parameter in the Parameters box.

http://blogs.rand.com/manufacturing/2012/09/inventor-ilogic-multi-value-text-parameter-to-custom-ipr...

akosi
Collaborator

I dont want my text parameter to go to custom properties. Id like to derive the text parameter with the solid.

is there anyway i can attached any text (ex. description) to a derived solid?

Bill.Bogan
Advocate

I'm all for this if you include exposing User Parameters in iPart tables for use!

If I have different product model sizes with unique part numbers, I'd like the embossed part number to match the selected product model.

- User parameter, text type, multi-value

- iPart, use parameter in column

- in the table, the cells in the column would each have a combo list of the text parameter values.

DesignProduction
Contributor

I would like to be able export and import text parameters into other parts especially derived parts.

DRoam
Mentor

Please allow the ability to export text parameters for use in other components.

nicolaslegare
Participant

=The parameters cant be add in iproperties for the virtual parts

=The text parameters can't be export as numeric parameters.

Parameters.png

mflayler2
Advisor

mrattray
Advisor

I assume you mean something along the lines of:

iProperties.Value("Custom", "Your Parameter Name Here")

andrus.randveer
Explorer

Any hope to get this implemented? It would enable quite a lot of automation possibilities.

gregC9RQG
Enthusiast

2018 tick tick tick tick....

mgrenier25
Enthusiast

Please make these parameter exportable so it is possible to re-use them in a drawing.

philip1009
Advisor

It would be much easier to have these parameters directly accessible instead of having to resort to code to get the same info as a numerical parameter.

wgraham
Advocate

Would be nice if you could link them between using the derived part/assembly capabilities as well.  For a final step I'd like to see them usable on the conditional suppression on a feature.  It can be done via iLogic, but  a simple true/false that can conditionally suppress a feature and be shared would be very useful.

wgraham
Advocate

Would be nice if you could link them between using the derived part/assembly capabilities as well.  For a final step I'd like to see them usable on the conditional suppression on a feature.  It can be done via iLogic, but  a simple true/false that can conditionally suppress a feature and be shared would be very useful.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report