Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tangent lines per part in drawing

Tangent lines per part in drawing

I would like to have possibility switch on/off tangent lines per part in drawing similar to this possibility for hidden lines.

21 Comments
BryanKelley
Alumni

Hello petrxn,

Would it be a general button as shown in the mock-up below?

2-7-2013 1-25-53 PM.png

Thanks,

Bryan

Sr. Software QA Engineer

DLS – Mechanical Design 

BryanKelley
Alumni
Status changed to: Comments Requested

petrxn
Advocate

Hello,

no, I mean view of assembly.

Let's have drawing view of assembly and there are shown some bended plates and we need to show tangent lines only of one of them.

Best regards

Petr

TangentLines.png 

BryanKelley
Alumni

Hello Petr,

Understood, thank you for the clarification.

Thanks again,

Bryan

Sr. Software QA Engineer

DLS – Mechanical Design 

BryanKelley
Alumni
Status changed to: Under Review

BryanKelley
Alumni
Status changed to: Under Review
This project [US14390] is under review by the development team.
steve.west
Advocate

Totally agree. At present I sometimes have to sketch lines in to represent the flanges of steel channels from Content Center that have no sharp edge. It's either that or switch them on globally which can clutter the view.

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Accepted
Accepted idea [US14390]. Thanks!
scottmoyse
Mentor

While this is valuable, we really need a global setting as well in the drawing view styles.

alexmende
Collaborator

Occasionally, I find myself wanting to turn on the Tangent Lines of just a single part while creating a drawing. It would be nice to have the option to turn on the Tangent Lines of a single part rather than turning them all on and hiding the hundreds of lines of other parts that I don't wish to see. This option may also reduce peoples' frustration with tangent line lineweights if they only have to change the properties of the few tangent lines that they chose to display.

I imagine this option functioning exactly like Hidden Lines. Just like you can change the view Style to display all hidden edges or no hidden edges, there would be another toggle that toggles all tangent edges on and off. Then by right clicking on idividual components in the model tree, we would be able to turn on tangent lines for the desired component (just like we can do with hidden lines currently).

tan1.JPG

tan2.png

Thanks!

Alex

Tags (2)
alexmende
Collaborator
alexmende
Collaborator
grjJRDYJ
Participant

It would be very helpful, to visualize tangential edges in drawing views only for selected parts.

This option could be similar to the activation of hidden edges for selected parts.

For now, it's only possible to activate the tangential edges for all parts in a view and then hide all the tangential edges that are unnecessary, which is very time-consuming for bigger assemblys.

Tags (1)
alexmende
Collaborator

What a great idea! So great in fact, it's already been posted and accepted! Smiley LOL

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-ideas/tangent-lines-per-part-in-drawing/idc-p/7205540#M19359

grjJRDYJ
Participant

Oh you're right! Thank you very much 😄

Then hopefully this will be involved in future Versions.

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Future Consideration

We are refining procedures around idea status.  Changing this to Future Consideration.

inv.ideareview
Autodesk
Status changed to: Archived

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Future Consideration

s.wile
Advocate

This needs to happen. For users using Frame Generator and channel frame members, it is a lot of extra work for each view created. 

This view has all tangent edges on. 

All Tangent Edges Shown.png

When all we really want is tangent edges on this channel piece. This needs to happen every time channel is used. Without the tangent edges, there is no way to know this is channel and not bar stock or tubing. 

No Tangent Edges Shown.png

Yijiang.Cai
Autodesk

Many thanks for posting the idea, and tracked as [INVGEN-59069].

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report