Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sweep sketch Point to create line

Sweep sketch Point to create line

I have been using the Frame generator more lately and have struggled with a few things. On some of my designs, its easier to sketch the "CenterLine" of the elements and work with that.  My problem is there is no way to sweep the centerline along a path. I would like to be able to pick a point and give it a path and this would create a line along that path, then if the path changes, so does that swept line.

Currently we can only select "Geometry" to sweep, either as a solid or surface. If we could sweep these points, then in Frame Generator, this line could be selected to build the members from. I had rather use the centerline because many times, I do not know the shape/size of the member I am trying to place.

Thanks

Kirk

2014-02-24_0732.png

2 Comments
inv.ideareview
Autodesk
Status changed to: Archived

We’re archiving this Idea because it's been on the board for well over a year and hasn't received many votes from the community. If you want to raise it again and try to gain more support, you're welcome to do so. We’ve found 
that pictures and mock-ups can help get concepts across and win more votes from other users. If you have questions or see a connection between this Idea and others, let us know.

- Inventor product team (Inv.idea review)

elizabethcKTY8W
Enthusiast

This would be very helpful to me.  

Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report