185 Kudos
MattH_Work

Support for Multiple Monitors

by Valued Contributor MattH_Work on ‎11-16-2012 04:44 AM

Full support for multiple monitors

Allow browser(s) to dock correctly on any edge of any screen, not just docking when inside 'parent' application

Allow browser(s) to be 'Always On Top' when used on different screen to 'parent' application

Accepted ideas [US16721] [US16734]. Thanks!
Comments
by Valued Contributor MattH_Work on ‎11-16-2012 04:49 AM

In addition, when Inventor (ie 'parent application') is not the active application on its main screen (having switched to Outlook for example) then also hide browser(s) placed on other screens

by Valued Contributor MattH_Work on ‎11-16-2012 04:57 AM

In addition, allow browser(s) to dock to each other, not just the screen or parent application

by Mentor on ‎12-17-2012 11:16 AM

I would like to see docking behave more like visual studio in that if you dock to the bottom for example, it could take up the entire bottom so that any side panels sit on top of it or it could fit the bottom disregarding the space the left panel takes up.

or

by scottnewman on ‎02-23-2013 03:18 PM

Great Idea!  I can do it with Internet Explorer and other programs, why not this?

by Employee dan.szymanski on ‎03-19-2013 08:26 AM
Status changed to: Under Review

by Employee dan.szymanski ‎03-26-2013 07:30 AM - edited ‎03-26-2013 07:31 AM
Status changed to: Comments Requested

Hello MattH & everyone,

It would seem that the majority of the ideas submitted under this "Support for Multiple Monitors" topic technically apply to single monitor configurations as well (dock to any edge, dock to other browsers, always on top setting, hide when primary app not active, browser overlap intelligence). Would you agree?

Likewise, if implemented, the benefits should cascade when multiple monitors are configured. Agreed?

Also - With multiple monitors configured, I was unable to get another application to appear over my detached modeling brower, ilogic browser or Studio animation timeline. Is there a particular browser or application that brings this requested idea to light (vault browser, or other application)? Please let me know what applications or detached browsers give you trouble in this configuration.

Thanks!

Dan

by Valued Contributor MattH_Work on ‎03-26-2013 07:48 AM

See attached JPG's

Also - With multiple monitors configured, I was unable to get another application to appear over my detached modeling brower, ilogic browser or Studio animation timeline. Is there a particular browser or application that brings this requested idea to light (vault browser, or other application)? Please let me know what applications or detached browsers give you trouble in this configuration.

End Quote

1. What I get.jpg

2. What I want.jpg

by Employee dan.szymanski on ‎03-26-2013 01:27 PM

Ok, thanks. I thought there were situations where the detached browsers were not appearing on top while the Inventor application was active. So in short, this particular idea would be satisfied by providing an "Always on top" setting/override (like Windows task manager provides today) that would trump all windows, active or not.  Got it thanks.  Any comment regarding my first question?

Thanks,

Dan 

by Valued Contributor MattH_Work on ‎03-27-2013 05:49 AM

With regards to your first comment, I think I agree. Anything that is single monitor capable, should be multi monitor aswell

by Employee dan.szymanski on ‎05-14-2013 07:15 AM
Status changed to: Accepted
Accepted ideas [US16721] [US16734]. Thanks!

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
IdeaStation Guidelines
Review guidelines and best practices
before posting a new idea.

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube