60 Kudos
BryanKelley

Standard Tap Depth

by Employee BryanKelley on ‎10-31-2012 01:25 PM

I would like to have Tapped Holes follow each Standard for the Tap Depth rather than relying upon user knowledge.

This idea has been implemented within Autodesk Inventor 2015. Special thanks to everyone who cast your Kudo for it. Enhancements have been made within the Modeling environments, when creating holes, to default to the thread and hole depth values specified within the updated thread.xls file. Please be sure to check this out in Autodesk Inventor 2015. Thanks!
Comments
by Active Contributor Rory_M on ‎11-02-2012 06:27 AM

I'd like this too, as long as the standard tap depth is an option that is:

a) Easily overridden and

b) User editable (maybe in the thread spreadsheet)

by Distinguished Contributor cmcconnell on ‎11-16-2012 10:16 AM

Yes - I agree. I would like it to default to thd depth + 2*pitch

by *Expert Elite* on ‎12-03-2012 11:29 PM

i like the idea.

i would also like to see some of the user input boxes positioned better in the dialogue box... they do not seem to flow logically and are not all positioned relative to the dimension that they relate to.

by *Expert Elite* on ‎12-18-2012 07:34 AM

Something I asked for years ago.  I would like to see the depth controlled by an excel sheet (like the Clearance.xls) so everyone can edit it to suite their own "standards".

by maartenverbunt on ‎01-04-2013 06:32 AM

I would like to see this implemented too. This should not be a big alteration I think, and would provide more standardisation.

by Employee BryanKelley on ‎01-28-2013 01:34 PM
Status changed to: Under Review
This project [US5183] [US9040 ]is under review by the development team.
by Employee dan.szymanski ‎03-12-2013 01:18 PM - edited ‎03-12-2013 01:24 PM
Status changed to: Accepted

Accepted idea [US5183]. Thanks!

by Employee dan.szymanski on ‎03-27-2014 11:28 AM
Status changed to: Implemented
This idea has been implemented within Autodesk Inventor 2015. Special thanks to everyone who cast your Kudo for it. Enhancements have been made within the Modeling environments, when creating holes, to default to the thread and hole depth values specified within the updated thread.xls file. Please be sure to check this out in Autodesk Inventor 2015. Thanks!

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
IdeaStation Guidelines
Review guidelines and best practices
before posting a new idea.

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube