Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Split quantity between balloons

Split quantity between balloons

I've had this request 4 or 5 times from various customers. Apparently Solidworks (excuse me) allows you to split 10 bolts on an assembly into two balloons of quantities 4 and 6, or three balloons of quantity 2, 3, and 5 etc. This is not a quantity override, its fully linked to actual assembly QTY and the quantities can be shared between as many balloons as desired. Tricky to implement I guess, but it'd be huge for many people I think. Apologies if this is a duplicate idea.

4 Comments
swalton
Mentor

ProE/Creo has done this for decades...

Granted only at most 2 decades, Smiley Wink

jletcher
Advisor

I rather see the Qty match what is in the view. So if there are two of the same in the view it puts that Qty so you don't have to count and remember what size. And to add to this have window and part select so you can pick the ones you want in the Qty count.

Really would not be tricky if they do it this way because they can link it to the browser in the idw of the view.

I will give kudos because they do need to fix this one way or the other..........

LukeDavenport
Collaborator

Thats a good idea jletcher

pumpkinboss
Enthusiast

Seven years later and we're no closer to having this functionality.  My God. AI save us from this nonsense.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report