Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solid Modelling

Solid Modelling

I would like, if it is possible, when working with Solids,and when i click "new Solid" in the feks Extrude-menu, to have the option to rename the solid in the same operation.

12 Comments
BryanKelley
Alumni
Status changed to: Comments Requested
Hello ant, Could you clarify what the "feks Extrude-menu" is please? Thank you, Bryan Sr. Software QA Engineer DLS – Mechanical Design
Jam_Jumpin
Advocate

I think he just means using the extrude feaeture. It creates a solid with the name 'new solid' and he wants to be able to rename it direct from teh extrude window.

LT.Rusty
Advisor

"feks" means "e.g.," in Norwegian.  "e.g., Extrude menu."

AndersVT
Participant

jamjumpin explained it better than me, thanks to you. Thats what i ment. 

SerkanCicek
Advocate

Agree. The ability to give a desired name by using the same dialog while creating a new solid would be useful. I tried to illustrate it by adding an additional offer like the color of that body:

NewSolid.png

fredsi
Collaborator

For years have 'renamed on creation' generic features to specific names. This is also mentioned in many CAD best practices discussions. I would only add:

1) where ever the opportunity is given to rename the feature - either as shown above in the feature dialog or in the browser after hitting ok - that the entry be immediately available for typing; no need to highlight the entry first.

2) that renaming be made an option in the application options; some folks may not want or care for the extra work.

Kelly_Shuman
Advocate

A text input box for names could go in the floating menu thingy.  That floating menu thing could be configurable to disappear, or provide a text input for Solids and Feature names.

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Gathering Support

inv.ideareview
Autodesk
Thanks for sharing your Idea. We use this forum to guide product development and help users in the best way we can based on voting. We occasionally merge Ideas or archive old ones to keep the forum working properly - it ensures there is room for people to review new Ideas and that the most relevant and meaningful ones can gain votes. We’re archiving this Idea because it's been on the board for well over a year and hasn't received many votes from the community. If you want to raise it again and try to gain more support, you're welcome to do so. We’ve found that pictures and mock-ups can help get concepts across and win more votes from other users. If you have questions or see a connection between this Idea and others, let us know. - Inventor product team (Inv.idea review)
inv.ideareview
Autodesk
Status changed to: Archived

SerkanCicek
Advocate

It was a good idea. 😞

dan_szymanski
Autodesk

Hi @SerkanCicek,  We didn't say it was a bad idea.  Smiley Indifferent  If you still desire this in product, we encourage you to author a new idea.  We are simply taking steps toward reviewing the (very large number of) existing ideas and building a plan toward delivering the ones that receive the most votes/kudos from the Inventor community.

Mentioned above...."If you want to raise it again and try to gain more support, you're welcome to do so. We’ve found that pictures and mock-ups can help get concepts across and win more votes from other users. "

Regards,

Dan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report