Inventor IdeaStation
Share your ideas about how to improve Inventor with the Development Team.
28 Kudos
smithar

Slot creation

by Employee on ‎10-17-2012 02:45 PM

I'd like to be able to create slots based upon hole table information that is already present.  The ability to create center point slots without using iFeatures would save me considerable time. 

This idea has been implemented within Autodesk Inventor 2014. Enhancements were made to the sketching environment to accomidate the automatic creation of five different types of sketch slots. Please be sure to check it out. Thanks!
Comments
by Employee on ‎10-17-2012 02:48 PM
Status changed to: Under Review

by smokes2998 on ‎01-24-2013 02:49 PM

can you do it  like SW using the sketch tool for slots it does it by the users drawing a line or a curve with two points then the user drags the cursor away from the line or curve and tool generates the slot.

by Employee on ‎04-03-2013 01:22 PM
Status changed to: Implemented
This idea has been implemented within Autodesk Inventor 2014. Enhancements were made to the sketching environment to accomidate the automatic creation of five different types of sketch slots. Please be sure to check it out. Thanks!
by Mentor on ‎08-20-2014 05:52 AM

Marvelous. I can now create and/or array a number of slots in a sketch, then use Extrude Cut to make the slots in my part.

I just can't use the Hole and Thread Annotation feature to call them out in my drawings.

Don't get me wrong; this is a step in the right direction. 

Next release, perhaps it can become a hole feature so we can capture properties like quantities of identical slots in a given part, as we can with the regular hole feature.  :smileyfrustrated:

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
IdeaStation Guidelines
Review guidelines and best practices
before posting a new idea.

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube