Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inactive Sketch Opacity

Inactive Sketch Opacity

So when in an active sketch it can be difficult to tell what is in your sketch and what isn't so I am forever mousing over the sketch in the browser. It would be very nice if the opacity of inactive sketches was reduced the same way when editing a block in place.

Inactive sketch opacity2.JPGInactive sketch opacity.jpg

12 Comments
timdown73
Collaborator

When you have sketches on opposing planes and don't want to turn off the sketch you're not editing because you'd like to see the inactive sketch for reference or use the dimensions it would be nice if the inactive sketch dimmed so that you could differentiate between the two.  I know you can use different color sketch lines but the colored lines don't dynamically update so they can be frustrating when you're trying to highlight a line.  See image below for reference.Capturez.JPG

Tags (1)
thyzsz
Contributor

great idea

Just like if you are in a block!! then the sketch around it will be dimmed!!

That would be great

leowarren34
Mentor

Definitely, like a ghost kind of layout would be great.

At the least custom would be great and a colour change would also be apprecites

cbenner
Mentor

This is especially true in a 3D Sketch environment.  Many overlaying sketches can make it difficult to see which one is currently active.  It could be as simple as dimming, or even changing the color of inactive sketches.

@dan_szymanski Here's a good one for ya, might be a relatively small shirt size?

leowarren34
Mentor

@cbenner 3D sketches definitely get louder, I would be thinking a light blue for ghosting or even light red, personally should be somewhat see through yet noticeble enough not to be lost or be too loud. 

Bill_Bogan1
Alumni

I would avoid light red, some of us colorblind folks (most frequent being reds and greens) would not be able to see it. Constantly an issue for us.

-Bill

DRoam
Mentor

I think it would be enough to just reduce the opacity without applying any special re-coloring or line formatting. Just like Ben did in the original picture.

Advanced customization beyond that could possibly be handled with the new customization tools (these), to suit anyone's individual needs.

Bill_Bogan1
Alumni

DRoam, precisely what I was thinking right after clicking 'post your comment." Smiley Happy

DRoam
Mentor

Haha, awesome 🙂

leowarren34
Mentor

@Bill_Bogan1 Complete oversight, so now I think about it @DRoam suggestion is the most realistic as suitable. But I think unless they go down opacity customisation will be needed else you'll have more people asking for more so do it fully first time.

DRoam
Mentor

Just discovered a duplicate of this here: Sketch dimming. It's actually older so technically Ben's is the duplicate, but I think Ben's title and picture are much more clear of what's being asked for. So I've asked the moderators to merge the other one into this one.

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Future Consideration

Idea added to backlog for future consideration [49690]. Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report