Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sheet Metal - direct manipulation support

Sheet Metal - direct manipulation support

I would like to be able to stretch (modify) flange lenghts by using a 3D direct manipulation arrow.

13 Comments
jletcher
Advisor

Use Fusion it does this.

MattH_Work
Collaborator

Doesn't fusion do this via 'move face'. Inventor also does it the same way but both fall over when the flange  AND bend need to move.

I'de like to see flanges, hems etc being added to the edge select options (currently Fillet & Chamfer) so that I just need to click an edge and drag to produce the relevent feature, rather than start command, pick edge, return to dialog , fill in values ....

Lok on youtube at how the competition does it, very swish

BryanKelley
Alumni
Status changed to: Future Consideration
This is something that the team has brought up in the past
dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Under Review

This project [49692] is under review by the development team.

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Accepted

Accepted idea [49692]. Thanks!

Chris1969
Advocate

In the sheet metal module, I would like to have a mouse drag arrow, to adjust flange lengths.

Similar to those used in the part extrusion command.

Brgds,

Chris

Soriani
Explorer

Vey nice idea

the interface of this module is very old style

Solidwork able the user to be very quickly during the design of a sheet metal part

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKej5gqcH1U

you can see this video to show this capability

paul
Advocate

Awesome Idea

inv.ideareview
Autodesk
Thanks for sharing your Idea. We use this forum to guide product development and help users in the best way we can based on voting. We occasionally merge Ideas or archive old ones to keep the forum working properly - it ensures there is room for people to review new Ideas and that the most relevant and meaningful ones can gain votes. We’re archiving this Idea because it's been on the board for well over a year and hasn't received many votes from the community. If you want to raise it again and try to gain more support, you're welcome to do so. We’ve found that pictures and mock-ups can help get concepts across and win more votes from other users. If you have questions or see a connection between this Idea and others, let us know. - Inventor product team (Inv.idea review)
inv.ideareview
Autodesk
Status changed to: Archived

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Future Consideration

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Accepted

paul
Advocate

Not only the Length, all the parameters.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report