Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'S' shaped broken view for shafts

When creating a broken view on a long shaft, the two options available are Rectangular or Structural which is fine for rectangular shaped parts, but would be nice to have an option to create the 'S' shaped broken view for round parts like long round shafts, see attachment

30 Comments
dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Under Review

Robert.Reid
Contributor

Shaft Break in the Drawing Environment

Shaft_break2.png

Curtis_Waguespack
Consultant
dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Gathering Support
Thanks Curtis - You took the words right out of my mouth. This idea has already been submitted and is a duplicate. Please be sure to cast your kudos to the master Idea. http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-IdeaStation/S-shaped-broken-view-for-shafts/idi-p/3793222
dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Accepted

Accepted idea [469]. Thanks!

Latikman
Community Visitor

What's the progress regarding this "S" shaped Break profile/style intended for cylindrical objects? is there any available update yet for inventor 2014? its always a problem on my part when drawing long shaft, pins, etc and using the available Break style (symbol is intended for sheet metals,square shape objects etc), in our production area, our machinists and even my bosses complain on this because it is not standard break symbol for cylinders and I cannot use the reason "That there are only two available symbols available on the drawing software I am using" they will just tell me if "Can the software provider create a solution for this simple problem considering  how expensive this software is" I can't blame them for they are the one who have paid for this software. I draw a lot of shafts, Pins,Bolts,pipes,etc. So I use this Break Command alot in my Drawings. please reply.

SavesOften
Enthusiast

When breaking a view of a round object in AutoCad, I have always seen the break terminators as a spiral.  Would it be possible to get this terminator style added to Inventor's "Break" view  at some point?  I did some searching and couldn't find anything related to this, so here's hoping it's a new idea instead of rehashing old news.

Here is a picture of what I mean:break graphic.png

madviking
Observer

I have always felt this was a huge oversight on Autodesk's part. I have never seen round objects broken without using the spiral type terminator. Please implement this asap!

DRoam
Mentor

Autodesk has be very, very sluggish to implement this. Multiple requests for this have been made and they've all received dozens and dozens of votes, and one of them has even been "Accepted" by Autodesk since early 2013 (2 and a half years ago)... and there's still no sign of it being implemented.

If you want to try and make your voices heard a little more, go to the following similar requests and give them a Kudo as well.

Imagine if Autodesk had used its time to work on and implment this rather than the cute, questionably useful Home Screen...

ian
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

As a design engineer, who on a daily basis draws/designs long shafts, I find it difficult to understand why Autodesk continue to overlook this. Surely this is an easy one for the software designers. 

I have recieved 100+ kudos from the community regarding this, but clearly our ideas put forward fall on 'deaf ears' Do Autodesk actually look at our ideas???

mflayler2
Advisor

Your idea was Accepted.  That means that is currently in planning development and out of the Under Review stage.  Some ideas cannot be implemented quickly and some ideas are not internally rated higher than others in development.

mailtodare_4u
Observer

Any update on this feature please?

ian
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

'S' shaped broken view for shafts, This was posted 4 years ago, and still nothing done was hoping it would be added to 2018, neither is spell checker.

So far very disappointed with the upgrade.

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Future Consideration

Idea added to backlog for future consideration [469]. Thanks!

xtiandas
Community Visitor

need to send out better looking drawings thanks

ian
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Very true, but I doubt a better looking drawing will accelerate the change anyway 🙂
ian
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Very true, but I doubt a better looking drawing will accelerate the change anyway 🙂
MikeKovacik4928
Advisor

See my post for my  workaround to this.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-forum/pipe-break-appearance-in-idw/m-p/7731357#M679382

Inventor Queries_104_Pipe Break Appearance in IDW-004.jpg

I didn't realize this idea had been posted twice when I made my post.

It does seem a great pity this idea  has not been implemented when it has been requested so many times

and had so many votes!

I will definitely add my vote now

Michael Kovacik
2d & 3d Autocad and Inventor designer/draughtsman
Autodesk Product Design Suite Ultimate 2018
Autocad 2018, Inventor Pro 2018
(personal licensed copy)
Johannesburg, South Africa

Cabasho
Participant

I was about to post this suggestion... it is critically needed as the software wont even let you "hide" the break line to add the right one as a sketch. This was posted back in 2013... we are in 2018 now and it is still not implemented... please add it.

Also I should add... this is one of the top voted ideas....

ian
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Just Installed 2019...…..and the idea is still not doneBreak view.PNG

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report