Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Select a ipt of iam in idw and make it shaded

Select a ipt of iam in idw and make it shaded

If you select Part Priority you can select ipt's of iam's and make them visible or you can show the hidden lines.

I would like to change also the stye of the part to shaded, while the rest of the iam is not shaded.

Part_Style.jpg

12 Comments
Jam_Jumpin
Advocate

In the drawing view I can either have the entire view in colour or the entire view in black and white. 

It would be good to be able to single out specific parts in a drawing.

So if I had an assembly I could select which parts I want to be in colour and the rest would be B&W. 

It would allow us to make drawings clearer in busy assemblies. 

drawing colour.JPG

Tags (6)
-niels-
Mentor

A workaround would be to make a design view, in the assembly/presentation, where you color everything white/transparant except the parts you want to highlight.

tim_keller
Explorer

We been trying to get AutoDesk to add this to Inventor since we lost Mechanical Desktop

Maybe, finally they will listen

streharg
Advocate

Add transparent option to that menu!

richard.koch
Contributor

Here is my workaround to get my result i need, but the way i have posted above would be much better.

richard.koch
Contributor

I make a workaround with the overlay function:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Aym12bwsEw

schnautza
Advocate
streharg, you beat me to that comment.
DRoam
Mentor

Duplicate (with 110 votes): Colour specific parts in drawing

mgarcia
Contributor
Would be nice if you could control shading for some parts in drawing views instead of all parts either shaded or not. So if I had a drawing view of an assembly, I sometimes would like to be able to shade one or two parts only, not all parts in the view. Might be nice to have the flexibility to do this.
imajar
Advisor

Love the idea.  +1 from me.

As an interesting reference:  SolidWorks can do this in assemblies where you can control the render type of individual parts/assemblies as shaded, lines, etc (I cant remember if they can do it in drawings).  Having some experience with being able to control the render type, I definitely see usefulness in the IV drawing environment. 

This may be pretty far out, but what if IV could set the render type as shaded/lines, etc, as a visual representation in the assembly that could then be linked to a drawing?

On the topic of helping busy drawings become easier to follow, here is an old post that proposes a different solution:

"Part Layers" in drawing environment to help distinguish new/existing parts

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Future Consideration

Idea added to backlog for future consideration [58102]. Thanks!

pba
Explorer
Explorer

Come on Autodesk implement this functionality as soon as possible and stop with the nonsense workarounds all the time.

Have been working with Inventor over 25 years and seen some great improvements but unfortunately also noticing

the limited improvements each time a new version is introduced.

Sorry but quite frustrated with the slow pace of Autodesk in the development.

In 2024 version the revision cloud was introduced. Thumbs up for Autodesk. Is this called development? This function was there to be installed separately for many years.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report