Inventor IdeaStation
Share your ideas about how to improve Inventor with the Development Team.
3 Kudos
graemev

Select Other part disctimination

by Valued Mentor on ‎02-15-2013 02:33 PM

It would be handy when using the Select Other drop down menu to have not just the type of feature shown but also which part that feature is from.  Sometimes I have identical mating faces but the design intent is for the next part constraint to apply to a specific part, not just a specific location.

Comments
by *Pro on ‎02-20-2013 07:17 AM

I wish they put it back the way it was. Hate this drop down list. I was real good with the old way but this just takes to much time.

I guess Autodesk is not selling Inventor will save time any longer..

by Valued Contributor MattH_Work on ‎02-20-2013 09:14 AM

You can still just cycle through the options with the mouse wheel, no different to the old method

by Valued Contributor timdown73 on ‎02-22-2013 06:36 AM

The drop down took some time to get used to and I do feel it's a bit more clumsy than the old left, right arrow.  I often find that it's in the way of what I'm trying to see and I have to zoom a bit or grab the list and move it.  I don't remember having this problem so much with the arrows method. Maybe a combo of the two methods would help, as I have noticed a lot of complaints about the dropdown.  Just put two arows next to the drop down.  Let the user decide which to use.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
IdeaStation Guidelines
Review guidelines and best practices
before posting a new idea.

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube