Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STOP JUMPING AROUND!! ASM BOM, Design Assistant rename

STOP JUMPING AROUND!! ASM BOM, Design Assistant rename

When I change properties in the assembly bill of material or in design assistant, the browser refreshes and jumps to the top or bottom of the list.  It doesn't happen exactly like this but most of you know what I am saying.  I just want to continue renaming or property edits where I left off, especially in large assemblies.

list jump.png

8 Comments
cbenner
Mentor

This is highly annoying, a feature that would lock the current view sorting.  Example, I sort by description (frame generator) so I can add part numbers.  I select a group, add the number and hit enter.... the "sort by description" goes away and I have to select it again to do the next group.

ziyin.w
Enthusiast

Strongly agree that this is very very annoying.

What is also annoying is that when I want to drag and fill a cell, whether downwards or upwards, the list will instantly roll to the bottom or top even if my cursor is still far from the window margain.

I couldn't help wondering if the person who designs these functions has ever tried them out.

jnewon
Advocate

FYI: This is still annoying!!!!! IT'S MORE THAN ANNOYING...

It's fairly clear by how old this thread is that this is a long standing annoyance that nobody cares to fix.

As all know this is the most convenient place to update multiple parts in a project. I use it to update all part information. I have on many occasion lost the part I was updating do to this jumping affect. I have unintentionally entered the wrong descriptions or description end up blank due to this jumping. If there is no stopping the jumping affect please at least update the field before it jumps.

I have found that if you use the tab key, in most cases, you will at least stay in the same row.

PLEASE FIX. PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! 

inv.ideareview
Autodesk

Thank all of you to post this issue to us! It has been tracked as [INVGEN-28228], and sent to development team for investigation.

inv.ideareview
Autodesk
Status changed to: Accepted

philthalmann
Enthusiast

And another year goes by...and still this is annoying! Unless a toggle has been added that I haven't heard about. Seriously is this so tough to implement?

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Implemented

This idea has been implemented within Autodesk Inventor 2021. Special thanks to everyone who cast a vote for it.

br.sbrava
Participant

Running Inventor 2024 and unfortunately the BOM still jumps around, terribly frustrating. I am experiencing it in the Model Data BOM, in the following situations:

1) When clicking on the [+], the list will jump to the highlighted item instead of staying where the list was, i.e. you always need to remember to click on the item you are about to expand before clicking on the [+].

2) When doing a Vault > Check Out via the BOM, sometimes it just jumps to another point of the list, I couldn't find the pattern here.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report