Inventor IdeaStation
Share your ideas about how to improve Inventor with the Development Team.
5 Kudos
MIKELAPLANTE

Revision Table / Revision History move between sheets in .idw file

by MIKELAPLANTE on ‎12-23-2013 12:23 PM

Would be nice to be able to move the Revision Table from one sheet in IDW file to another sheet in same IDW file, for those instances when the revsion history gets too long and you need to move it to a new sheet or an exixting sheet with more space. Right now we would have to recreate it or export it and re-import it??? crazy! simple drag and drop would work especialy since it is already in the explorer window under the sheet it is in.

Comments
by *Expert Elite* ‎12-24-2013 07:26 AM - edited ‎12-24-2013 07:39 AM

Or at the very least provide some form of archiving it within the drawing document.  Say in some kind of notepad form in the drawing browser.

by *Expert Elite* on ‎12-30-2013 09:45 AM

I am still on IV 2012, so the workflow may have changed, but here is how I do it.

I set my table scope to the entire drawing and then place a new copy of the rev table on the new sheet.  The table is scoped for the whole idw file, so it is the same for every sheet.

Once the table is where I want it, I go back and delete the old table. 

I don't think this will work with tables scoped for individual sheets.

I don't use the Vault revision table, it may behave differently.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
IdeaStation Guidelines
Review guidelines and best practices
before posting a new idea.

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube