Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revision Table / Revision History move between sheets in .idw file

Revision Table / Revision History move between sheets in .idw file

Would be nice to be able to move the Revision Table from one sheet in IDW file to another sheet in same IDW file, for those instances when the revsion history gets too long and you need to move it to a new sheet or an exixting sheet with more space. Right now we would have to recreate it or export it and re-import it??? crazy! simple drag and drop would work especialy since it is already in the explorer window under the sheet it is in.

5 Comments
Cadmanto
Mentor

Or at the very least provide some form of archiving it within the drawing document.  Say in some kind of notepad form in the drawing browser.

swalton
Mentor

I am still on IV 2012, so the workflow may have changed, but here is how I do it.

I set my table scope to the entire drawing and then place a new copy of the rev table on the new sheet.  The table is scoped for the whole idw file, so it is the same for every sheet.

Once the table is where I want it, I go back and delete the old table. 

I don't think this will work with tables scoped for individual sheets.

I don't use the Vault revision table, it may behave differently.

inv.ideareview
Autodesk
Thanks for sharing your Idea. We use this forum to guide product development and help users in the best way we can based on voting. We occasionally merge Ideas or archive old ones to keep the forum working properly - it ensures there is room for people to review new Ideas and that the most relevant and meaningful ones can gain votes. We’re archiving this Idea because it's been on the board for well over a year and hasn't received many votes from the community. If you want to raise it again and try to gain more support, you're welcome to do so. We’ve found that pictures and mock-ups can help get concepts across and win more votes from other users. If you have questions or see a connection between this Idea and others, let us know. - Inventor product team (Inv.idea review)
inv.ideareview
Autodesk
Status changed to: Archived

Shop_Draftsman
Explorer

Here's how you move your revision table from one sheet to another:

<Go to the sheet you want the revision table on.

<Go to the Annotate Tab. 

<Click Revision. 

<Table Scope: Entire Drawing, click ok. 

<The revision table information from your previous sheet will still exist, you'll just need to resize and add/remove columns depending on how you setup your original template.

<Finally, delete the revision table on the sheet you don't want it on.

Dear Autodesk: Wouldn't a simple drag and drop make more sense?

This happens to me all the time when working with multiple sheets, as the sheet our client sometimes wants to use as Sheet 1, for some reason ends up being Sheet 4 or something, then I have to move the revision table around.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report