Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return Professional Network Licenses when ideal.

Return Professional Network Licenses when ideal.

In the license pool where a mix of standard & professional licenses live - the professinoal license may end up being checked out to a machine which does not require professional tools. Would it be possible (should a request to LMTools be made for a professional license) to swap the Profession license for a standard one if the professional tools are not being used & a different client requires the professional tools?

Thanks

Andrew Canfield

5 Comments
LT.Rusty
Advisor

Isn't that pretty much what already happens?

I know that right now, for instance, I'm not using any of the Pro features, so my copy of Inventor has opened up using the vanilla license.  It will only check out the Pro license if I start using FEA or Dynamic Simulation or something.  (Or if I open up Alias, since that's part of the PDSU set ... that will also change my Inventor license to Pro.)

The license will remain Pro until you close the program, then on restart it will go back to the lowest license level necessary.  Just get your users in the habit of restarting Inventor when they're done using Pro features, if you're that limited by the number of Pro licenses.  (Or just buy more seats, I suppose ... )

dgorsman
Consultant

This could also be a license cascade issue e.g. lower rated products can pull a higher rated license if they can't get the appropriate level.

acanfield
Advocate

In reply to LT.Rusty - this is exactly the issue & the wish (idea) is to avoid having to: 'close the program, then on restart it'!

- could a 'return pro tool license' button be added?

inv.ideareview
Autodesk
Thanks for sharing your Idea. We use this forum to guide product development and help users in the best way we can based on voting. We occasionally merge Ideas or archive old ones to keep the forum working properly- it ensures there is room for people to review new Ideas and that the most relevant and meaningful ones can gain votes. We’re archiving this Idea because it's been on the board for well over a year and hasn't received many votes from the community. If you want to raise it again and try to gain more support, you're welcome to do so. We’ve found that pictures and mock-ups can help get concepts across and win more votes from other users. If you have questions or see a connection between this Idea and others, let us know. - Inventor product team (Inv.idea review)
inv.ideareview
Autodesk
Status changed to: Archived

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report