Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replace Selected From Content Center

Replace Selected From Content Center

I've had this a few times where I've had a few sets of bolts that share the same bolt size. Where this becomes a problem is when I've got to swap out and/or resize, for example, half of the bolts. I can't do a "Replace All" and the alternative is changing each one individually or deleting out the old size and placing new ones at the correct size.

I think it would be beneficial if you could do a "Select Multiple" like you can with Frame Generator and change the size of only the parts selected. I believe someone posted something similar to this about normal parts but I think I would also like to see it implemented in the Change Size and/or Replace From Content Center windows.

Thanks guys.

1 Comment
dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Implemented

The Master Idea of this duplicate has been implemented within Autodesk Inventor 2016. Special thanks to the author of this Idea and likewise to everyone who cast your Kudo for it.  The Replace command in Inv 2016 supports more than a single component selection (no longer limited to a single selection or Select All). Multiple similar or dissimilar component selections can be made before or after the Replace command is invoked.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report