Inventor IdeaStation
Share your ideas about how to improve Inventor with the Development Team.
15 Kudos
erwinkoetje

Relationships and Representation folders in assemblies

by erwinkoetje on ‎07-29-2013 12:10 AM
The issue is that I have to make changes to some views. I therefore collapse the Relationships folder en expand the Representations folder. After making a change to a view Inventor collapses the Representations folder and expands the relationships folder. Because I have to make more changes to views I have to collapse and expand the Relationships and Representations folder. Why is the behavior not in a way that Inventor keeps the status of the views accordingly to the last change the user makes. So when you collapse the relationships folder it keeps the folder collapsed until I choose to expand it again. The current behavior is irritating en slows the work down.
This idea has been implemented within Autodesk Inventor 2015. Special thanks to the author of this Idea and likewise to everyone who cast your Kudo for it. When opening assemblies, the Relationships folder will ALWAYS be collapsed. When switching Design Views, the Relationships folder will ALWAYS be collapsed, (even if it was open when a Design View was last saved, or if it was open when the DV switch occurred). The Relationships folder will remain in both browser views. Please be sure to check this out in Autodesk Inventor 2015. Thanks!
Comments
by *Expert Elite* on ‎11-15-2013 08:38 AM

Worst change EVER by Autodesk.

Please for the love of god move that darn folder back to the "Model View" as it was in the past..

It is absolutely irritating. To show how bad it is I have a large task to do in the next few months and because of this relationships folder change I will perform approximately 37850 EXTRA mouse clicks to close it and get back to my representation folder..

by Employee on ‎11-22-2013 06:46 AM
Status changed to: Accepted
Accepted idea [US20477]. Thanks!
by Contributor Dave_SSDD9000 on ‎02-20-2014 03:30 PM

This relationships folder is driving us nuts! I'm glad to see the idea was accepted. How long until we get some relief?

by Employee on ‎03-27-2014 01:09 PM
Status changed to: Implemented
This idea has been implemented within Autodesk Inventor 2015. Special thanks to the author of this Idea and likewise to everyone who cast your Kudo for it. When opening assemblies, the Relationships folder will ALWAYS be collapsed. When switching Design Views, the Relationships folder will ALWAYS be collapsed, (even if it was open when a Design View was last saved, or if it was open when the DV switch occurred). The Relationships folder will remain in both browser views. Please be sure to check this out in Autodesk Inventor 2015. Thanks!

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
IdeaStation Guidelines
Review guidelines and best practices
before posting a new idea.

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube