Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Relationships and Representation folders in assemblies

Relationships and Representation folders in assemblies

The issue is that I have to make changes to some views. I therefore collapse the Relationships folder en expand the Representations folder. After making a change to a view Inventor collapses the Representations folder and expands the relationships folder. Because I have to make more changes to views I have to collapse and expand the Relationships and Representations folder. Why is the behavior not in a way that Inventor keeps the status of the views accordingly to the last change the user makes. So when you collapse the relationships folder it keeps the folder collapsed until I choose to expand it again. The current behavior is irritating en slows the work down.
5 Comments
mcgyvr
Consultant

Worst change EVER by Autodesk.

Please for the love of god move that darn folder back to the "Model View" as it was in the past..

It is absolutely irritating. To show how bad it is I have a large task to do in the next few months and because of this relationships folder change I will perform approximately 37850 EXTRA mouse clicks to close it and get back to my representation folder..

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Accepted
Accepted idea [US20477]. Thanks!
Dave_SSDD9000
Contributor

This relationships folder is driving us nuts! I'm glad to see the idea was accepted. How long until we get some relief?

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Implemented
This idea has been implemented within Autodesk Inventor 2015. Special thanks to the author of this Idea and likewise to everyone who cast your Kudo for it. When opening assemblies, the Relationships folder will ALWAYS be collapsed. When switching Design Views, the Relationships folder will ALWAYS be collapsed, (even if it was open when a Design View was last saved, or if it was open when the DV switch occurred). The Relationships folder will remain in both browser views. Please be sure to check this out in Autodesk Inventor 2015. Thanks!
DRoam
Mentor

I am running Inventor Professional 2015 SP1 UPdate 2, and my relationships folder still expands every time I switch view reps. How can I fix this?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report