It would be really great if we could rearange patterns in an assembly. Patterns can not be dragged into a folder. I would really want this so I can easily suppress a folder with, for instance, all fastners.
I think the issue is the limitied ability to reorder items in the tree, which can be required to reach the intended folder. For example:
1. Place a part in an assembly and create a pattern.
2. Place three more parts in the assembly and place the last two in a folder.
3. Now we have a pattern, a part and a folder containing two parts in the tree.
4. The pattern is not able to be relocated below any of the following parts and so cannot be included in the folder.
5. We can however, drag the folder next to the pattern and then include the pattern in the folder (at the start if the folder is below, or at the end if the folder is above the pattern).
FYI, Cadull's suggestion only works if there isn't a pattern already in the folder. If the folder contains a pattern it cannot be reordered either. Hence, if you have a folder with a pattern in it, seperated by a part (or third pattern) from another pattern you cannot place that pattern into the folder.
Also tag into this idea fixing the component pattern browser icons. Currently a suppressed pattern icon is identical to a not visible pattern icon. They should match the part/sub assembly icon theme.
The patterns in the red box are not visible, the pattern in the blue box is suppressed. Note that these patterns would be grouped together if the main idea of this thread was implemented...
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in.