Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Push/Demote Assembly Features to the Part/IPT level

Push/Demote Assembly Features to the Part/IPT level

Currently in Inventor without an 3rd party add-in there is no way to push/demote assembly features down to individual parts.

11 Comments
Lesoux
Advocate

Adds the feature to the part file for each affected component. If you pattern the feature in the assembly, the pattern feature also propagates to the part file. In the part, external references to the assembly feature are created, and the feature appears in separate folder at the top of the part's feature tree. For sketch-based features, a derived sketch is created in the part as well. You edit the feature in the context of the assembly. If you want to edit the feature from within the part document, you must first break the external references.

DRoam
Mentor

I've encountered situations in which I'd like to do this. Love your solution. It would also be useful to be able to select which features show up at the part level and which remain only at the assembly level. This way I can communicate to the shop which features are implemented at the part stage and which at the assembly stage.

Curtis_Waguespack
Consultant

Agreed, this does seem like something Inventor should be able to do, as currently Bolted Connection tool will push holes into the parts, in the way that we would want other assembly features to be pushed/demoted.

z5rovic
Community Visitor
Specially sine SW has this option already for some time. This option would save significant working time and lower possibility to make mistake which could be made when working on parts separatly.
marcel.kloosterman
Contributor

We're designing allot of cylinders where a change of work prep requires redesigning the order of the certain machining requirements. This requires moving (machining) features from assembly level to part level, however this costs a lot of time in Inventor since every features has to be redone. It is possible to copy paste sketches, but it would be much nicer when you can just drag a features to other levels (part or other machining level). The same would be nice for weld features. At this moment not even reordering the features within an assembly level is possible..

Tags (1)
marcel.kloosterman
Contributor

We're designing allot of cylinders where a change of work prep requires redesigning the order of the certain machining requirements. This requires moving (machining) features from assembly level to part level, however this costs a lot of time in Inventor since every features has to be redone. It is possible to copy paste sketches, but it would be much nicer when you can just drag a features to other levels (part or other machining level). The same would be nice for weld features. At this moment not even reordering the features within an assembly level is possible..

Tags (4)
marcel.kloosterman
Contributor

please delete = double post

DRoam
Mentor

In addition to being a double-post (here is the "twin"), this is also a duplicate. Please vote for the master idea here: Push/Demote Assembly Features to the Part/IPT level.

jamie.emmart
Contributor

If it can be done with Bolted Connection, why can't it be done manually?

izz4u2mm
Explorer

I too have a problem with trying to edit one part of an Assembly

Why cant this be possible. I have demoted a part but that changes the assembly

Manny

z5rovic
Community Visitor
I dont know for welding is it is possible, but with features it is with
coolorange add-on. It is free and working ok.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report