Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plot Stamp : Add this to the idw

Plot Stamp : Add this to the idw

Need the ability to add the PlotStamp to the idws.  If you don't know what I'm talking about, start Autocad and type "Plotstamp" at the command line.  Make it just like this and I would be happy.Smiley Happy

Just like the Autocad command, it must not add anything to the idw file itself because we use Vault and that would require a check-out.

14 Comments
nmunro
Collaborator

You know there is already a solution Smiley Wink

karthur1
Mentor

I know there are some 3rd party apps out there that does it and I am sure Neil's is the best one .  I just think this ought to be included with Inventor.  I don't have to pay for the one that comes with Autocad.

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Under Review

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Accepted

Accepted idea [US-130194]. Thanks!

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Future Consideration

We are refining procedures around idea status.  Changing this to Future Consideration.

tfarmer
Explorer

The last comment on this was in 2017?  Is there still no way to create a plot stamp in Inventor 2020? I guess I could convert my drawing to dwg and print it out in Autocad, or make a PDF and put a date stamp on it there, right?  

karthur1
Mentor

Inventor is at 2020 now and still no way to add a plot stamp like there is in Autocad to an idw.  With a little coding, we put a "Last saved date" on the idw.  Not exactly the same as the plot stamp, but it gets us by.

tfarmer
Explorer

What is this  "Last saved date" you speak of?   It doesn't appear to be an iProperties entry.  Is this a part of an iLogic script?

karthur1
Mentor

It is a add-in that does this when the file is saved.  Since this is not really the place to be asking tech questions, lets move this to the Inventor forum.   Ask the question there and tag me in the post and I will follow-up.

tfarmer
Explorer

I found another thread off to the side of this thread that referenced an ilogic routine after I posted my comment. I'm going to try to run an ilogic script to execute it upon printing.

Thank you for trying to help me in this issue.  

karthur1
Mentor

That will definitely work, but the recommendation is to use an add-in rather than an embedded ilogic code.

dennis.m.koch
Contributor

Where is this "add-in" located? What is it called?

I just upgraded to 2024 and still no way to add a plot stamp... 🤬

karthur1
Mentor

Dennis,  If you need to ask a question do that on the Inventor forum.  Tag me and I will try to answer your question.

dennis.m.koch
Contributor

@karthur1 

Where is this "add-in" located? What is it called?

I just upgraded to 2024 and still no way to add a plot stamp... 🤬

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report