Inventor IdeaStation
Share your ideas about how to improve Inventor with the Development Team.
10 Kudos
LT.Rusty

Piping: P&IDs / Isometric Drawings

by *Expert Elite* on ‎04-02-2013 03:24 PM

Why does Inventor include these wonderful tools for creating piping ... and then not have any system available for documenting them in an industry standard way?  I know I can export them as a .PCF ... but unfortunately Plant 3D doesn't import .PCF, and the tech preview that would do it has expired.

Meanwhile ... my client wants P&ID's & piping isos, and that means that I can't use Inventor, and have to look for a different package to spend more money on.

Comments
by Contributor MDS-MQ on ‎04-03-2013 09:47 AM

I totally agree Rusty. It is kind of shocking that there is an Autodesk Plant design suite with piping ISO's and P&ID software but this is left out of Inventor Pro.

We are currently looking at the same issue. The last thing we want is to have to buy another software license or introduce all our CAD users to another piece of software. Piping ISO's are a must in any complete piping package.

by *Expert Elite* on ‎05-03-2013 10:19 AM

There is an idea in the Product Design Suite idea Station:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Product-Design-Suite-IdeaStation/Product-Design-Suite-Addition/idi-p/3...

It addresses exactly this.  We need Autocad P&ID added to Product Design Suite so it completes the package.  People that do machine piping, generally use Inventor, Electrical & P&ID.  Product Design Suite is lacking P&ID... Plant Design is lacking Electrical.  I'm gonna keep trying to sell this.

by *Expert Elite* on ‎08-02-2013 09:22 AM

It's more than just a need for AutoCAD P&ID in the Product Design Suite.  There needs to be a link between Inventor and ACAD P&ID, so that I can create piping in Inventor and then zip over to P&ID and boom, generate an ISO and a P&ID from my Inventor pipe routes.

AutoCAD P&ID would be almost pointless in the Product Design Suite without that capability.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
IdeaStation Guidelines
Review guidelines and best practices
before posting a new idea.

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube