Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Piping: P&IDs / Isometric Drawings

Piping: P&IDs / Isometric Drawings

Why does Inventor include these wonderful tools for creating piping ... and then not have any system available for documenting them in an industry standard way?  I know I can export them as a .PCF ... but unfortunately Plant 3D doesn't import .PCF, and the tech preview that would do it has expired.

Meanwhile ... my client wants P&ID's & piping isos, and that means that I can't use Inventor, and have to look for a different package to spend more money on.

6 Comments
MDS-MQ
Advocate

I totally agree Rusty. It is kind of shocking that there is an Autodesk Plant design suite with piping ISO's and P&ID software but this is left out of Inventor Pro.

We are currently looking at the same issue. The last thing we want is to have to buy another software license or introduce all our CAD users to another piece of software. Piping ISO's are a must in any complete piping package.

cbenner
Mentor

There is an idea in the Product Design Suite idea Station:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Product-Design-Suite-IdeaStation/Product-Design-Suite-Addition/idi-p/3...

It addresses exactly this.  We need Autocad P&ID added to Product Design Suite so it completes the package.  People that do machine piping, generally use Inventor, Electrical & P&ID.  Product Design Suite is lacking P&ID... Plant Design is lacking Electrical.  I'm gonna keep trying to sell this.

LT.Rusty
Advisor

It's more than just a need for AutoCAD P&ID in the Product Design Suite.  There needs to be a link between Inventor and ACAD P&ID, so that I can create piping in Inventor and then zip over to P&ID and boom, generate an ISO and a P&ID from my Inventor pipe routes.

AutoCAD P&ID would be almost pointless in the Product Design Suite without that capability.

salariua
Mentor

Totally agree that there needs to be a both-way link between Inventor and Acad P&I D; and if I was to do any change in Acad P&ID it should at least warn me of wha'ts changed and where.

inv.ideareview
Autodesk
Thanks for sharing your Idea. We use this forum to guide product development and help users in the best way we can base on voting. We occasionally merge Ideas or archive old ones to keep the forum working properly - it ensures there is room for people to review new Ideas and that the most relevant and meaningful ones can gain votes. We’re archiving this Idea because it's been on the board for well over a year and hasn't received many votes from the community. If you want to raise it again and try to gain more support, you're welcome to do so. We’ve found that pictures and mock-ups can help get concepts across and win more votes from other users. If you have questions or see a connection between this Idea and others, let us know. - Inventor product team (Inv.idea review)
inv.ideareview
Autodesk
Status changed to: Archived

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report