Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pattern flexible components

Pattern flexible components

The component pattern tool currently will not accept a sub assembly which is set to flexible. Why not?

13 Comments
mikeh4
Collaborator

I'd like to see a pattern be flexible next level up.  We model hardware bags as flexible then the next level up we constrain parts.  We can't use a pattern in that hardware back because you can't make a pattern flexible.  The reason we'd use pattern in the hardware bag is to get multiples given pieces of hardware in a quick organized manor.  Now we have to put each instance in manually and either organize them so it looks decent for the IDW by moving them or actually constraining them.

Thanks !

zdhrichard
Advocate

Looks like AutoDesk still did not solve this issue.

I have an idea maybe work:

You could make an iAssembly which includes all of our constraints and other configurations what you want. Everytime, you bring out the one what you need, then you shoudl be able to pattern them.

jeffsteiger6735
Advocate

Bump for a MUST HAVE in the next release......

scottmoyse
Mentor

I assume driving the pattern with a flexible parameter doesn't work for you?

dusan.naus.trz
Advisor

I want to make it work. Why does it not work? Using, for example hydraulic cylinders.

PATTERN POSSIBILITY FLEXIBLE.png

inv.ideareview
Autodesk
Thanks for sharing your Idea. We use this forum to guide product development and help users in the best way we can based on voting. We occasionally merge Ideas or archive old ones to keep the forum working properly - it ensures there is room for people to review new Ideas and that the most relevant and meaningful ones can gain votes. We’re archiving this Idea because it's been on the board for well over a year and hasn't received many votes from the community. If you want to raise it again and try to gain more support, you're welcome to do so. We’ve found that pictures and mock-ups can help get concepts across and win more votes from other users. If you have questions or see a connection between this Idea and others, let us know. - Inventor product team (Inv.idea review)
pasi.annila
Advocate

Yes - why?

dusan.naus.trz
Advisor

Why? When using a hydraulic cylinder. So you want to use the position. How to use a position if you do not have a cylinder as flexible and you can not move it in the field so it's not good.

pasi.annila
Advocate

Sorry Dušan,

what I ment was that why can't I pattern flexible parts.

You got my vote!

There is similar wish:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-ideas/pattern-flexible-components/idi-p/4382380

Pasi

dusan.naus.trz
Advisor

@pasi.annila

Thank you for the link. I voted. The theme is 6 years old. Now Inventor 2019. It's not yet. That's not so good. Maybe in Autodesk asleep?-)))

chris.mcdonaldVSTN4
Community Visitor
DRoam
Mentor

I don't understand why this is blocked. Why can't the patterned instances just use the same resolved position as the master instance?

Hunteil
Collaborator

This question comes up a lot here too. I often forget that this isn't possible and I'm left scrambling every time. It's so simple. Yet creates so much work for everyone else b/c it's not a feature.

Here's a great simple example. (PS: These are kit assemblies.)
Idea Flexible.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report