Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection Dimensions Option for Hole and Thread Annotation

Inspection Dimensions Option for Hole and Thread Annotation

Add inspection dimension options to Hole and Thread annotations.

12 Comments
design
Explorer

I use the inspection dimension function for PPAP documentation, but this is not available on thread dimensions. I'm being increasingly requested for PPAP documentation and extending this function would be a massive help. Please see discussion thread below

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/quot-Hole-and-Thread-quot-dimensions-as-quot-Inspect...

Tags (1)
Anonymous
Not applicable

How about "Inspection Symbols" for the Hole Notes within a drawing?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe you could formulate your idea more generally. You are basically requesting hole notes to support inspection dimension functionality. When you change your request to something more general, you will find more support amongst other users.

Anyway, you have my vote!

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Gathering Support
This idea has been requested here: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-IdeaStation/PPAP-Thread-Inspection-Dimensions/idi-p/3799665 Please visit the Master idea and cast your kudo there as to not split the votes. Thanks! -Dan
inv.ideareview
Autodesk
Thanks for sharing your Idea. We use this forum to guide product development and help users in the best way we can based on voting. We occasionally merge Ideas or archive old ones to keep the forum working properly - it ensures there is room for people to review new Ideas and that the most relevant and meaningful ones can gain votes. We’re archiving this Idea because it's been on the board for well over a year and hasn't received many votes from the community. If you want to raise it again and try to gain more support, you're welcome to do so. We’ve found that pictures and mock-ups can help get concepts across and win more votes from other users. If you have questions or see a connection between this Idea and others, let us know. - Inventor product team (Inv.idea review)
inv.ideareview
Autodesk
Status changed to: Archived

skull
Contributor

Please add this to Inventor, I know that it doesn't seem like a huge thing. But it is critical in a Discrete Manufacturing and job shops to tag dimensions for inspection. 

JamesLovell
Advocate

+3 people here where i work for adding this!

bbrownellLS4J4
Contributor

I would like to see this feature added as well along with a standardization of the variables used by dimensions in the inventor ilogic/VBA scripting interface.

mharringtonBX6U5
Explorer

This is an old thread, has anyone at Autodesk found a resolution?  The need is definitely there, hole patterns are the best reason to use the hole annotations but they need to be inspected and in the inspection table, not just manually bubbled.

bbrownellLS4J4
Contributor

@mharringtonBX6U5a colleague of mine has updated an inspection dimension numbering script I started and expanded it from just linear dimensions to handle chamfers, hole/thread and note annotations placing sketch symbols with inspection numbers.  He could give some pointers on where to go or you might be able to talk him into developing a solution for you,  @Ethibaudeau is his profile.  We can't share the exact code that was created without getting into company intellectual property issues unfortunately.  Inventor is really weak on the Quality side and this leads to folks performing a lot of manual data entry tasks that should be automated.

stuart.hurworth
Explorer

Could do with this....

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report