Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outer Concentric Fillet

Outer Concentric Fillet

If you fillet an edge then place a hole - the hole can be placed concentrically to the fillet.

What about reversing the workflow?

Place the hole then use the hole as a reference to fillet the edge?

OUTERConcentric.JPG

8 Comments
laptop_geek
Advocate

This would be a very handy feature. We model stuff like this all the time and this would be a nice shortcut to the current method of either making a sketch and extruding, or manually inputing the radius.

DRoam
Mentor

I like it. I'd use it.

ilotey
Enthusiast

This seems trivially simple to achieve just by re-using existing parameters to define the radius?  In this example, since the hole sketch is visible, all you would have to do is click on the '15' dimension to use it as the fillet radius.  Or, if you know the parameter name, you could type it directly.  In either case, the fillet will be linked to the hole center and will resize accordingly.

or am i missing something?

MarkESmith
Collaborator

hello ilotey

You're not missing anything.

Using parameters is a little clicky

What if the hole is dimensioned from a sketch or opposite edge?

Regards

MES

mrattray
Advisor

@MarkESmith wrote:
What if the hole is dimensioned from a sketch or opposite edge?

Then you shouldn't be linking the radius of the fillet to it as it wouldn't follow your design intent.

spackle42
Advocate

You can certainly place a hole concentric to the fillet, just set your hole type to contentric, then select the fillet as the circular reference.  As far as I can see, this can't be reversed.

KEJay74
Enthusiast
This can ONLY work IF the hole is PERFECTLY positioned relative to the two faces. For a gross example, let the center of the hole be 15mm from one face and 10mm from the other face. Now, attempt a round-over fillet based on the 10mm dimension....How do you resolve that? Best regards,
inv.ideareview
Autodesk
Status changed to: Archived

Thanks for sharing your Idea. We use this forum to guide product development and help users in the best way we can base on voting. We occasionally merge Ideas or archive old ones to keep the forum working properly - it ensures there is room for people to review new Ideas and that the most relevant and meaningful ones can gain votes.

We’re archiving this Idea because it's been on the board for well over a year and hasn't received many votes from the community. If you want to raise it again and try to gain more support, you're welcome to do so. We’ve found that
pictures and mock-ups can help get concepts across and win more votes from other users. If you have questions or see a connection between this Idea and others, let us know.

- Inventor product team (Inv.idea review)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report