Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Option for Center point to work with ifeatures in standard parts

Option for Center point to work with ifeatures in standard parts

You can place as many Center points in sheet metal for the punch tool.

We need an option for ifeatures to work the same in standard parts.

If I want to place an ifeature 10 times I have to bring it in 10 times and control all 10. If it was like the punch tool I would have one feature to control.

But it need to be an option like the imate option I check it if I want it to recognize a center point and if I don't want to use a center point I just uncheck.

5 Comments
VdVeek
Advocate

A workaround can be to convert your part to a sheetmetal part. Set the sheetmetal thickness to the thickness of the part where you want your iFeatures in, and then use the punch tool. But this workflow depends on your parts.

Rob.

kenji.oates
Contributor

In addition to the above comment: You can convert your part back to a Standard Part after punching the holes and the (punch) iFeatures will remain in place and are editable in the Standard Part.

jletcher
Advisor
Yes and no most sheet metal features are programmed for thickness in order for that to work you would need to change the extrude dimensions name to thickness. If you don't and change the extrude length the feature will not be cutting thru the part.
inv.ideareview
Autodesk
Thanks for sharing your Idea. We use this forum to guide product development and help users in the best way we can, based on voting. We occasionally merge Ideas or archive old ones to keep the forum working properly - it ensures there is room for people to review new Ideas and that the most relevant and meaningful ones can gain votes. We’re archiving this Idea because it's been on the board for well over a year and hasn't received many votes from the community. If you want to raise it again and try to gain more support, you're welcome to do so. We’ve found that pictures and mock-ups can help get concepts across and win more votes from other users. If you have questions or see a connection between this Idea and others, let us know. - Inventor product team (Inv.idea review)
inv.ideareview
Autodesk
Status changed to: Archived

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report