Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old School Solid Editing

Old School Solid Editing

Prior to Inventor 2013 I could down load a STEP or SAT file from a suppliers website that has a stupid amount of detail in it. Once I opened the file in inventor I could right cick on the base feature and enter Solid Editing and delete the feature I do not want slowing down my model.

With 2013 Solid Editing opens Inventor Fusion or trys to open Invnetor Fusion to allow me to remove the features i do not want in my model. I have been weighting for 10minutes for Fusion to open to remove some threads on a dowel pin I down loaded. Unfortunatly I could have modeled this pin in about 1 minute...

The old method of solid editing actually worked! Invnetor Fusion is slower then Inventor R4 and is just about as useful.

If it isn't broke, DON'T FIX IT!

Wish list item: Dump Inventor Fusion, Bring back Solid Editing.

PS still weighting for Fusion to open.

4 Comments
Curtis_Waguespack
Consultant

Hi MDS-MQ,

If you go to OptionsPart tab

You can set the old school editing option.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

MDS-MQ
Advocate

Thanks Curtis, I missed that in the upgrade training I guess. I kind of wrote that in the heat of the moment while weighting on Fusion to open.

Cheers

Mike

Curtis_Waguespack
Consultant

I agree with your sentiment about the Fusion environment, and think that the improvement could be that default would be the Legacy Solid Edit environment, and make the Fusion environment an option.

inv.ideareview
Autodesk
Status changed to: Archived

Thanks for sharing your Idea. We use this forum to guide product development and help users in the best way we can, based on voting. We occasionally merge Ideas or archive old ones to keep the forum working properly - it ensures there is room for people to review new Ideas and that the most relevant and meaningful ones can gain votes.

We’re archiving this Idea because it's been on the board for well over a year and hasn't received many votes from the community. If you want to raise it again and try to gain more support, you're welcome to do so. We’ve found that pictures and mock-ups can help get concepts across and win more votes from other users. If you have questions or see a connection between this Idea and others, let us know.

- Inventor product team (Inv.idea review)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report