28 Kudos
Dan.M

No need for IPN files

by *Expert Elite* on ‎11-02-2012 10:40 AM

Hello, 

I want to explode my assy directly in the assembly environment without needing the ipn. 

IPN has problems with big assemblies, harness , design views and in general it adds more files for me to manange. 

No need to have IPN, do it in the assembly directly. It is so much simpler. 

Thanks

Dan

Comments
by *Expert Elite* on ‎11-08-2012 11:27 AM

or even better scrap the IPN and include Inventor Publisher in the Suite (although it needs large assembly performance improvements first)

by *Pro on ‎11-09-2012 05:49 AM

I don't like this idea.

1st most large assemblies have subs that should be exploded on their own.

2nd most assemblies are large in size (not file size) but dimensional and a exploded view of this size would be a dot in the drawing.

3rd the file size of the assembly with an exploded view built in would be huge and take forever to open. so the next thing you would complain about is it takes 10 minutes to open an assembly.

by *Expert Elite* ‎11-09-2012 08:59 AM - edited ‎11-09-2012 09:00 AM

I hope Inventor Publisher will be inside the Suites,

I doubt it though because Publisher is going to the Cloud. 

Dan

by Valued Contributor MattH_Work on ‎11-22-2012 09:05 AM

Position Reps could be used to produce an 'exploded' view.

How about giving us some extra 'tweak' tools within the Assembly environment to facilitate the exploding proccess, tools designed to replicate the IPN environment (I 'could' do it by overriding contraints but that would take to long), give us tools to drag components and capture the resulting position (just like tweak in IPN)

by Employee on ‎01-28-2013 11:02 AM
Status changed to: Duplicate

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
IdeaStation Guidelines
Review guidelines and best practices
before posting a new idea.

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube