Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Next page/sheet ... IDW

Next page/sheet ... IDW

A way to go to the next page(sheet), or previous sheet

I think it would be much easier to go thru a set of sheets then having to double click on a sheet to go to it ...

Thanks,

Mike

37 Comments
mrattray
Advisor

I'd love to have a keystroke for next and previous sheets.

BryanKelley
Alumni
Status changed to: Under Review
Would something like PageUp & PageDown be useful? Thanks, Bryan
kevinb
Advocate

I'd be satisfied with pageup & pagedown.

mdavis22569
Mentor

Bump ....

DRoam
Mentor

Ctrl+PageUp / Ctrl+PageDown would be perfect. This would be a really nice little time-saver.

r_lehmann79
Advocate

Another idea: Why go to next sheet? Wouldn't it be much easier to have all sheets next to another in one window?

There will be much better overview when working with multi-sheet drawing! "Go to next sheet" won't be necessary any more, simply move view with space mouse or pan-function.

Regards,

Ralf

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Gathering Support

mdavis22569
Mentor

@dan_szymanski anything we can do to get this looked at again ... Be nice to hit next, instead of double clicking on the next size to go to it ....

dan_szymanski
Autodesk

Hi @mdavis22569 ( @michaeldavis7418 ),

By tagging me you essentially got me to look at it again.  Smiley Wink  haha

If you get a chance, take a look at this idea and weigh in with your opinion (or assure it has your vote) "multiple sheet".  The workflow request is similar (however your idea would be far simpler for our team to code Smiley Happy).  Thanks! -Dan

mdavis22569
Mentor

LOL ... @dan_szymanski   (I try)    Hope you had a great holiday! 

I like the other one ..but you still have to double click to probably activate a sheet, vs click next, forward, backwards.

My issue with the other too is ... rastering, updating.  That's all 4 at once ? That would probably cause a lag?

Now if I could cut a section and drag it right over that would be awesome.

mcgyvr
Consultant

My vote is that hotkeys could be set (DO NOT FORCE ANY SPECIFIC KEY)..so that any unused keys could be assigned to it (be it page up/page down or p and u or whatever).. and that icons for next sheet and previous sheet be added to the "navigation bar"

Seems simple...

Hi,

The idea is to add functionality to toggle through the drawing sheets (Next and Pervious) of an inventor Drawing.

So for example:

• Arrow up button:
    will toggle through the sheets up (Next) and activate them. 
  • Arrow Down button:
    will toggle through the sheets down (Previous) and activate them.

See for more clarification the picture bellow:

Toggle Drawing Sheets.PNG

Tags (2)
alexmende
Collaborator

I like this idea, but maybe it'd be better if it was "CTRL + Arrow key" because currently the arrow keys pan. Not sure if anyone uses the arrow keys to actually pan, but for someone who does, it's probably better to not change a button's function.

@alexmende

Thank you for your comment:

You will always be able to add "Short-Keys" to one of the specific commands afterwards in the inventor software.

But good idea to implement this directly into the software, if there will be on conflicts with others.

Additional Remarks:

I have already written myself an add in for these commands. So it is easily possible to do this.

See screenshot bellow:

DrawingToggle Sheets.PNG

Regards,

alexmende
Collaborator

Oops I mistakenly thought your idea was to have the keyboard arrows keys function as change sheets. You're just asking for an actual arrow button that you can click. Got it! Smiley Happy

Hi Autodesk,

I there a possibility to share my created Add-in via this forum.

Please let me know how I can do this, without the use of other tools like "DropBox" or "Google drive" or e-mail etc.

I would like to share it with some people via the forum so they can also have the benefit of this Add-in.

Anyone else an idea?

Regards,

Any idea regarding the last post of sharing...

Autodesk......
mdavis22569
Mentor

hey @dan_szymanski   

What about giving this one a look over again ..

just had a drawing I was helping on ... 10 pages, pain double-clicking each time to go to the next page vs a next or prior option...  

fsanchou
Advocate

Hi Autodesk,

I suggest "Ctrl+Shift and Mousse Scroll".

Thanks

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Accepted

Accepted idea [25121]. Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report