Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need ability to disable Autodesk 360 Cloud Features

Need ability to disable Autodesk 360 Cloud Features

We require the ability to disable (wiithout ability for users to bypass) all Autodesk 360 cloud features. This is a security risk for my industry and would not be allowed per government regulations.

7 Comments
stephen.clifton
Contributor

Any feedback from AutoDesk ??

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Under Review

Anonymous
Not applicable

Under Review? Nice. Thanks Autodesk.

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Implemented
This idea has been implemented within Autodesk Inventor 2015. Special thanks to the author of this Idea and likewise to everyone who cast your Kudo for it. Enhancements were made within the Inventor 2015 Installer so that Autodesk 360 is available as a shared component. It can be deselected to prevent its installation, or it can be installed in a disabled state, to be enabled later. Please be sure to check this out in Autodesk Inventor 2015. Thanks!
PaulMunford
Autodesk

This is the first time I've actually seen Autodesk reply to an idea to say that it has been implemented. Well done Dan Szymanski!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome! Thank you Autodesk and thanks to all of you who have added a Kudo.

_DanSolo_
Advocate

"Cloud" anything is a bad idea all around. I am glad the fixed this.

This is indeed a show stopper for anybody with security requirements. ie military work.

Software companies love the idea because they want to be joined at the hip with the user and it means recurring revenue.

Hackers and spies like the idea because it is easy to get a hold of your information.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report