Community
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

More tools for FEA result analysis (section views, scoping etc.)

More tools for FEA result analysis (section views, scoping etc.)

We need to have better tools for checking and analysing the FEA results from Inventor Pro, for example:

1) Sectioning of the 3D model to show the internal stresses. Virtually all FEA packages, both standalone and integrated offer this but Inventor Pro does not. We can section a model whilst in the FEA environment, but the sectioned face does not show stress results, only external faces do. Currently we have no way of knowing how deep a particular stress area runs through a solid part.

2) Scoping of results to individual faces or features.. Sometimes it is useful to know the max stress at a particular face or region, rather than the whole part. Being able to select individual faces to show the results for would be a great improvement as it allows the user to exclude areas that cause singularities that can't otherwise be avoided from the results.

3) Showing specific regions that are above or below a certain threshold. For example, Ansys (Structural and Workbench) can show the mesh regions that are above or below a certain value, e.g. show all material with a safety factor < 2 or with a von Mises stress > 350 MPa. Again, this helps to show the "depth" of affected material.

4) Be able to add any of the above and specific camera views etc. into the stress report. Currently the automatic report isn't much use as it shows the entire part (or assembly) and can't highlight specific areas of interest.

These are all relatively simple (spoken like a true non programmer!) graphical tools to help with the interpretation of the results and would be of huge benefit to us.

I'm concerned that development of the integrated FEA tools within Inventor seem to have have ground to a halt and at that focus has moved towards the cloud based offerings. Hopefully this isn't the case.

Regards

Rory

10 Comments
vidali.officine
Community Visitor

I absolutely agree with Rory!!!! Improving the FEM environment with these guidelines in the next release is a absolutely necessary step!!! Regards. Frank

rmerlob
Advocate

Couldn't have said it better myself

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Under Review

R.A.Smith
Participant

This would be awesome, especially number 3.  This would really help fix failure zones.

Rory_M
Advocate

Any progress on this? I had a look at Fusion the other day and it's got points 1) and 3) that are listed above.

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Gathering Support

junnuksv
Contributor

Autodesk, Please change the status from gathering to support to "In the Making".

This doesn't need support. It needs execution.

Please add this as soon as possible.

Fusion 360 which is basically inventor light has these features, then why doesn't inventor??

Robert.Reid
Contributor

Got my support?

dtimberlake
Community Visitor

Emphatic YES for offering a section view option .

thanks,

Dan T 

Jmin2
Community Visitor

I recently have found Item 1) in @Rory_M Post in 2013 is not coded in Inventor 2020 Stress Analysis add-in or Nastran. What is the reason for not providing this essential feature? If there are going to be plans to code, when? This has been discussed now for 8 years. Please provide a full explanation.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report